Chapter 27: "Boop" Master

It's been three days. I haven't heard anything from, or even seen Gabriel. I slowly opened my eyes, only to find myself in bed with an ice pack. 

     "Wha-? Ugh, the hell happen?" 

     "Ya passed out, that's what happened."

I looked over to see Jesse leaned on the bed post at the far end. Genji was sitting on the edge, arms folded. His visor was off, so I could finally see his deep amber eyes gazing at me.

     "How long have I-?"

     "Two hours," Genji shrugged. "Ziegler said it wasn't that bad."

     "Do you remember anythin'?"

Genji and I both turned to McCree and frowned. "Really, McCree?" Genji grumbled, "To soon, even for you."

     "What?"

     "Where's Ana?"

     "She went out," Genji explained. "She'll be back."

     "Out? Where?"

 Both cyborg and cowboy exchanged anxious glances. "What?" I sat up, voice raising as they continued to avoid my question.

     "I got's to go, see ya later Genji." Jesse tipped his hat, "Later, (Y/N)."

     "Jesse!"

I slammed my fist on the mattress, turning to Genji. "You know something, tell me!" He whistled softly, looking around innocently. "Genji!"

                                                                       .   .   .

     "Are these really necessary?" She held up her wrists. They were cuffed together by some technology Ana utilized from Winston. "I assure you, I come in peace...amigá."

Ana set her sleep dart on the desk. Angela stood in the back of the interrogation room, eyes cast down nervously.

     "Sombra, it's only for our safety." Ana smiled sweetly, "You of all people should know this."

     "Of course," Sombra leaned forward, resting her chin on her knuckles. "I'm surprised you even let me in here."

     "So am I," Angela murmured.

Sombra chuckled quietly, "Hm, anyway, Captain." She turned her gaze back to Ana, "I simply want to, help a friend."

     "And how do we know you're not here to deceive us?" Angela pointed out.

     "What would ever, make you think that?"

     "You're one the world's most wanted hackers," Angela scoffed.

Sombra nodded proudly. "Look, I can help you. I don't like that "doctor" much either," she rolled her eyes. 

     "H-Hey!" Angela took offense, eyes narrowing.

     "Not you," Sombra mumbled. "O'Deorian. I know where's going to be next Friday night. There's a masquerade happening in Italy, I heard she taking our old friend Gabe."

Ana raised an eyebrow, "And why would she do that?" Angela shook her head, "And what good does this information do us?

     "You want to help bring Reaper back, right?"

     "What do you mean-?" Ana lowered her head, "Oh."

     "Yeah, he's long gone." Sombra shrugged, "Woah!"

Ana instinctively grabbed her by the collar, lifting her up towards her. Sombra's brows furrowed, and a mischievous smirk crossed her face. 

     "Why? What did she do?"

     "Hm, turned him into her mindslave." The hacker leaned forward, placing her cuffed hands onto the table, "But, if you go to the masquerade, you can force her to undo it."

     "You didn't answer my question," Angela hissed. "What's this got to do with you being here? You just show up, and expect us to trust you?"

Sombra leaned back in the chair and rolled around. She bit her lip, "Um, yeah, duh. I can get you in, and send you intel on her location throughout the night."

     "She's in," all three turned to the door as I stepped in slowly.

Jesse and Genji were panting behind me, well, mostly Jesse. "I-I tried t'stop her. The gal's a fast one!"

I pushed past Angela and Ana, stopping in front of the purple haired woman, cuffed and contained. "I'm going to trust you, only because I want to help Gab-err, Reaper."

Sombra lowered her head, eyes peeking up at me. "You are going to help us bring him back, and if you betray us or prove you're not trustworthy, I will not hesitate to deal with you myself."

I grabbed Ana's pistol which was beside me on the table, and positioned it between her eyes for emphasis. Sombra simply laughed, "Ah, amigá! I would never betray you!"

     "You better pray that you don't." I hesitated, "What does she want with him anyway?"

     "Last I heard, she wants revenge on you, Ms. Angel over there and Jack."

I turned to Angela. She stared wide eyed at me, her skin getting paler by the second. "How she'll get Mercy, I don't know. But to get you and Jack, she wanted to use something that meant the most to you."

     "Nah," I chuckled nervously. "He...he would never hurt me."

     "But he's not Gabriel anymore, amigá." Sombra purred, "He's just, Reaper, now. Unless you can restore who he once was."

I stepped away and turned towards Angela and Ana. I clenched my fists, "She's going to get it." I hissed, "I'm going to make her suffer."

Jesse groaned, "God why...?" He tipped his hat, "Do I really needa wear a suit? Do I have t'go?"

     "Of course!" I smirked, "You did claim to have the best Italian accent out of all of us, did you not?"

     "I-! That was years ago!"

     "Better get practicing, cowboy."

I turned to Sombra, "Fine." I undid her hand cuffs with a special key card, "Teammates?" 

     "Teammates," she shook my hand, eyes lighting up for a moment. "Under one condition."

     "What...condition?"

     "You can call me, the Boop master." She tapped my nose, and disappeared.