Colorful prison ( except on weekends, of course )

< Girls like me - Will Joseph Cook>

Now looking back
I guess it was a kind of hazy
Got me caught up and frustrated in love
Looking back
How did things always get so heavy
I was escalating every touch

"HAVE FUN AT SCHOOL!" my dad said as I opened the car door. I peered in the window, plastering on a tight lipped smile.

My dad and I were never really close, he was barely home and when he was, he was in his office working. It's not that I have Daddy Issues, but maybe if he gave me the time of day, we could have a better relationship.

We used to be close when I was young; I remember going to Disney land with our family, him and I laughing our asses off the entire time. We were close...I don't know what happened.

But it's always work this and work that, with him. And, I do blame him for our distance, he could spend his limited free time with me, but he spends it with his friends. I like his friends though, especially his best friend, Brady.

If anything, Brady is more like a dad to me. I used to volunteer and help out at Brady's job (Baden's stadium) when my dad hung out there. Sadly, I haven't talked to the guy in a while, mostly because I've been avoiding going to his work.

My mind instantly flashed back to the last time I was there.

"He's the new boss?"  I asked, rubbing my lips together in boredom.

"Yeah, pretty young too."

"Holy shi-I mean, dang."

I shook my head, pulling my mind back to reality with a silent shudder. I think the last time I went was last year, but I'm not counting.

"Hope so too. Have a good day." I mumbled, giving a short wave. Maybe I would've said 'love you' or something, but I resented him for some reason- maybe he doesn't love me...

"You too," and with that, he drove off. I turned around, meeting the gaze of my great imprisonment: School.

Yup, every single day (except weekends of course) I go to this place, converse with a few kids, learn some random stuff (which I forget within a span of three minutes) then I leave and start the routine over again.

It doesn't help to say I'm over dramatic when the actual school looks like a prison. Maybe it's the dull grey and black exterior colors, or the barbed wire surrounding the place, or possibly the police car parked in the lot.

With an annoyed huff, I stomped up the small stair steps to the school entrance. I pushed the door open, only to stumble back.

I furrowed my brows, wondering why the door isn't opening. I pushed again, then embarrassingly again. I kicked the door, only to notice Bella Martinez besides me pull the door open and step inside.

My cheeks burned a bright red, following after her lead once she walked inside. I lost her in the crowds of kids in the hallway, ether talking or wasting time for class.

I pulled my backpack tighter into my back by the strings, my eyes scanning the room. Each face was ether angry or bored.

Allen Jerkins: angry and looks like he's in the middle of a fight with his girlfriend Paula Williams.

Noah Adkins: bored and on his phone while his friends talk about some playboy magazine.

Miami lee: doing her homework on a bench with a disgruntled expression on her features.