Where's the freaking Fun Dip?

<When the party's over- Billie Eilish>

Call me friend but keep me closer
(call me back)
And I'll call you when the party's over
Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own
And I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that

__

Author's note: play this song on repeat, highly recommended.

SITTING HERE, IN THE WAITING ROOM, watching Justin pace back and forth reminded me of when we were younger. He was always very protective of Olivia, and now that she's...

I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I rubbed my lips together, wiping away the salty water. I remembered the first time I met Olivia.

We knew each other since elementary, but never really became friend until high-school. I always thought she was kind of weird, she only hung out with Justin and every time I saw her, she was picking out flowers or playing tag with her friend. In seventh grade she started to hang with Erica a bit, but then eighth year came, and it was always the three of them.

The first time her and I actually interacted was when the school took us on a field trip in middle school. They drove us to a park and let all the eighth graders get in these boats and paddle into the middle of a pond.

I was assigned in a boat with Olivia and my best friend at the time, Chloe. Chloe and I were giggling about a movie that was recently out while Olivia just sat in silence, picking at her nails and staring off into the water as the boat instructor moved us to the middle of the deep pond.

The wind blew harder as Chloe gripped onto the black cap on her head, still yapping on about Ryan Reynolds and his abs. I had forgotten about the Sun hat on my head...all until it blew off into the wind and right onto the lake. I frowned, reaching out to grab it but realized it was too far now as it floated away. "My hat!" I cried, pouting a little. "I spent twenty dollars on that!"

"Do you care much about it?" Olivia finally spoke, causing both Chloe and I to turn towards her. We hadn't remembered she was actually there, she hasn't spoken for the past twenty-five minutes.

"Uh...yeah?" I said, cautiously. I didn't speak to her much, but I always gave a smile to her in the hallway, and I didn't understand the reason for her to talk to me now.

"A lot?" She asked again, stretching her legs in the small space we had in the tiny boat/canoe-like thing. I nodded as she slipped off her shoes, causing me to quirk up an eyebrow.

She peeled off her socks and slipped them into the converse, sliding the shoes to my side of the bench I sat on. "Okay, be right back." And with that, she stood up and dove into the water.

The instructor screamed at her while I was frozen in shock, Chloe was laughing her ass off while the boats around us yelled asking what's wrong.

Olivia surfaced, swimming towards my hat and then reached it, clutching it between her hands. She dove back underwater with the item, coming up, gripping onto the sides of the boat. The instructor looked slightly scared but overall angry, helping the crazy soaked girl back into the canoe.