Chapter 5

"I'm Shanae." She held out her hand quite lady like for him to take.

"I'm Mar-"

"Marcelo, yes I know. Rica has told me about you." She cut in while he shook her hand.

"Is that why you were so abrupt? So forward, so demanding?"

"Well when you say it like that you make me seem like a meanie."

"Meanie? Really?" Marcelo arched his brow, he sensed this girl was up to something and he wanted to find out. Either that or she just got very comfortable around someone she had only heard about, which should still be cause for cautiousness.

"Mhmm." She quipped with pursed lips.

"Is that why you talked like that? Because Rica told you about me?"

"Well I guess so, do you approve?" She side glanced him with a smile.

"Approve? More like insulted." Marcelo said half jokingly, "What's so fascinating about me anyway?"

"Well, we don't have students like you often, so I guess that's it."

"Like me? You mean like with an accent."

"Well yea but not only that. It's also because..."

"I'm black." Marcelo knew that was it, his South American European heritage was quite complicated.

"Yea that's it. Sorry if I've disrespected you."

Marcelo really admired the maturity of this girl or well, woman.

"You said you don't get much like me here. How long have you been here?"

"Three years, I'm finishing my bachelor's this year." She said and Marcelo's mind went directly to work; given the probability of her academic standing and how long she's been studying, she should be at least three years older than him, putting her at Stan's age. However of course his thoughts had major flaws in it.

Marcelo looked at her again, studying her carefully as she looked through her phone. Playing with the lolli in his mouth he mentally patterned her curves with his tongue; she had a very curvy body, a brilliant posture and beautiful build. If he didn't know any better he would say she was a model. Ah! He had to keep it to himself.

"Here." She broke his thoughts with her phone in front of him, it showed the keypad so he knew what she wanted but still pressed on.

"What's this for?"

"Ah come on boy. I know you got more smarts than that." She let her dialect slip a little.

Marcelo was actually ready to tell her that he had a girlfriend but this girl had proven to be very mature compared to what he'd seen around the college so he went ahead and entered it. She took it back and dialed the number, his phone began vibrating in his pocket.

"What?" She side glanced him when he looked at her. "I had to make sure you gave me the right number." She eyed him disgustingly for a while before coming clean.

"It's a joke, at least now you can't say you don't have my number." She smiled sweetly and got up.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Selfish much? To class obviously, don't you see the time?" She rolled her eyes shooting him a wholesome smile, he didn't even check but blurted out.

"Oh, let me walk with you then."

"Oh Marcelo, such a gentleman, are you coming onto me? I should tell my boyfriend." She teased him. He only pushed a weak smile and followed alongside her as she laughed.