Chapter 30

"Well you look damn chipper this morning." Stanley momentarily smugged a look across to Marcelo before giving the road his attention.

"And you're not?" Marcelo replied just as smug then returned to his phone.

(Alyssa) 8:37: I'm already omw to work, mom dropping me today.

8:39: Ace, same here. Bikes still in the repair shop so I'm rolling with Stanley until then.

8:40: sounds painful

8:40: it's not that bad now, gives me time to relax a little before class

8:41: not for u, painful for Stanley *insert emoji*

8:42: Oh! Think it's cute now innit?

8:42: no comment, I'll take that as a compliment.

8:42: baby, when next am I seeing you?

8:43: didn't you just see me two days ago?

8:44: I know. I just want to know so I can be busy.

8:45: *insert emoji* oh a little shirty aren't we? I can play that game as well you know

8:45: Or just stalk your work. *insert emoji*

8:56: sorry, I was talking to my boss. I getting ready to start work just now.

8:56: you do that nd I gonna get a restrainin order on you.

8:58: go ahead. If you think you can stay away from me for so long

9:00: boy bye. Lol, I gone, TTYL

9:01: alright love, we're late anyway and still driving, revoir

"Bloody hell man, are you awake in there?" Stanley chuckled elbowing Marcelo.

"Huh? what?" He held his freak smile straightening himself in the seat and looked over at a confused yet smirking Stanley.

"You're quite a happy pecker aren't ya, something's in yer willy innit?"

"What? come on man, drop the gaff." Marcelo held his shoulders squarely feeling verbally molested.

"Just a little chin wag, what's got you so chipper?" Stanley tightened his jaw in concentration.

"Man, I - I don't know." Marcelo scoffed- smiling again, placing his elbow on the window and resting his forehead on his hand.

"Really now? You're saying that but yer face's holding another story. What aren't you telling me little brother?" Stanley stated every word in his question drilling Marcelo with a smile.

"Fine." He looked at Stanley with a broad smile, Stanley saw it was genuine; a real ear to ear smile, Marcelo looked like a guy that just asked out his crush for the first time and she said yes.

"Well don't spill the entire cup one time, What's it?"

"Alyssa bro." He said heartily letting a free breath escape.

"Oh this again? What about her?" Stanley returned an eagerly curious side smile. It was refreshing to see Marcelo like this; for one he wasn't a guy that smiled often except in the midst of friends having fun, and he couldn't remember the last time he saw him smile like this because of a girl.

"Do I need to say?"

"Nope. I've got your gen but it would be ace if you said it yourself." Marcelo sighed again thinking on how to tell Stanley. His heart felt light or aflame, what was he really feeling?