Chapter 14

So just to clarify some words in this chapter. I know you will come across some swear words, but I already warned you in the beginning didn't I?

betta = better

wid = with

gine (pronounced like 'wine' with a hard sounding g) = going to

juk (pronounced like 'luck') = to stab

~.~

"What, the actual, fuck man." Nathalie choked a laugh, "Care to explain?"

"Bastard got a freebie on me." Marcelo winced touching the bruised area on his cheekbone.

"I'm sorry man." Stanley rubbed the back of his head.

"Nah, that's as much as you could've done." Marcelo looked up from the front passenger seat in Nathalie's car. Stanley tossed him an embarrassed, warm smile.

"So do you care to share? When you answered my call you sounded as if you were running a marathon, then I heard some shouting in the background." Nathalie braced her hand on her hip trying to make sense of it all.

Marcelo let his eyes drift to her curves and shifted in his seat- the unusual thought of wanting to peel away her pants crossed his mind.

"Nothing big really," Was how he started, "just some jealous guy that thought I was getting the jump on his girl." Was what Nathalie heard but to Marcelo that line meant a world difference to him, even Stanley cleared his throat and shifted uncomfortably.

"Oh. So did you fight?" Marcelo only turned his face showing her the red bruise then pointed at Stanley.

"If I didn't jump in, he probably would've."

"Yea, and I got this shiner as a thank you." Marcelo smiled again.

"Bro I said I was sorry."

"No it's not you, I'm just riled that I didn't get to sock him a good one either." Nathalie smiled warmly to herself.

"So is this your brother?" She asked rather embarrassed not too sure as to why she was. Both guys snapped their heads her direction; Marcelo wore his inquisitive look and Stanley put on his devilish grin.

"In this case? Yes, yes he is." Marcelo looked at Stanley then back at Nathalie noticing the slight eye contact exchanged between the two.

"Really, come on. There isn't much resemblance, especially with the complexions." She giggled shifting her posture.

"Aw come on. Emotionally hurt and physically scarred guy here!" Marcelo made an obvious finger point toward himself- Stanley chuckled.

"We're actually cousins, but feel like brothers." Half truth. It wasn't that Stanley didn't want her to know but Marcelo and himself grew up quite closely, so there was that emotional connection.

"Interesting." She let her voice and gaze drop. "So what happened next?"

"Well, we talked it out but the guy wasn't having it and landed this baby. Then you called just before the cops came and now the two of us have to make an appearance before the magistrate in court sometime." He looked her in the face with utter solemnity.

"You really expect me to believe that?" Her accent sounded after a slight pause in thought at his sentence.

"I didn't expect you to question it." He joked with a smirk- she rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, we should get you home to sort this out." She held his chin holding his head up almost motherly- looking at him.

Stanley saw them off after telling Marcelo that he'd check up on Steven, Marcelo only told him it wasn't necessary and laid back in the seat to enjoy the evening ride. He took out a lollipop and unwrapped it skillfully sticking it between his lips gracefully, pulling on his shades he heard Nathalie giggle to herself.