Chapter 19

Tek - (tech) broken form of take

Nain - (nine or nǽn) straight formed enunciation of nothing

Gine - pronounced like 'nine' with a hard sounding 'g'. The broken form of going

~.~

"Oh my gosh! I now thinking back about that. That sound real bad; 'Alyssa, let's go on a date.' If anything that sound like you just want get in my pants faster." Alyssa did a cheap imitation of his accent causing him to laugh.

"I can assure you, that was the farthest thing from my mind at the time. I'm watching you though." He added just as she was taking a lick of her ice-cream.

"Tek you eyes off! Watching me for what?" She was shocked and embarrassed that she was caught eating.

"Rest easy; you and your ice-cream are safe. I'm simply referring to the comparative word you used there."

"What?" She continued licking at the cone.

"Faster. You said I'm trying to get in your pants faster, does that mean I'm getting there fast already or are you allowing it to." She held her full eyed stare then changed it to one of disgust, Marcelo could only laugh at her face then she stuck the ice-cream on his nose.

"Bloody h-, take it off!" Startled.

"No!" She spoke in just as high a tone before licking at her cone again.

"Bloody hell man." He took out his lollipop and wiped off his nose, Alyssa laughed at him thinking about how he blew his cool personality, somehow he still looked cute to her.

"Anyway why bring that up? That happened long ago." He pinched the bridge of his nose from the cold.

"I know, I just thought it should've been clarified." She continued licking, Marcelo stopped a while and looked at her- happy.

"How many dates have we gone on?" He questioned.

"Not a lot." She studied before answering. "Why? You didn't strike me as a numbers guy. Are you gonna try finessing your way into my pants now?"

"No no, it's not that." It really wasn't that. It was true they've been on quite a few dates within that one week and they started hanging out more often since the bar accident going almost six weeks ago. The thing on his mind now, they both liked each other- even though he hadn't confessed to it yet, was it right to assume they were dating now?

"Hey you, Marcelo. Focus." She snapped her finger in front his eyes.

"What sorry, were you saying something?" He blinked repeatedly.

"No, but listen anyway. I now catch myself, you ain't got school?" She bit into the cone.

"Uh no, it's reading week and a Friday." He spoke nonchalantly.

"What?! And you out here instead of studying?!" Alyssa fumed, anyone around would've heard her and she graced the corner of her eyes just in case anyone was listening.

"Take it easy- I said it was Friday, I've got my mid semesters covered. If anything I know they'll be easy." He stuck the spoon in his melting cup.

"Oh really? Have you revised anything at all?" She pointed the half eaten cone at him, Marcelo stopped before he answered rubbing the back of his neck.

"No, not really."

"Boy you need to study!" She went off on him about his education and how she didn't care if he was made of money. Marcelo entertained the lecture for a while before cutting her off- it was quite refreshing hearing someone chew him out like that, it reminded him of his mother.