Chapter 11

Again, his eyes shot open to another day; Marcelo had to really learn to go home and sleep, he called this place home but technically it wasn't; no wind blew off the sea, neither could the sound of the crashing waves be heard. Marcelo woke up early Saturday morning in the villa, instead of his coast road home by the beach.

A number of things could've woken up Marcelo that morning; it could've been the old, dusty smell of the place, it could've been the eerie silence without the waves, it could've been the lack of birds holding their choruses in the morning or just the irritating buzz of messages coming through on his phone.

5:51 : Hey, sorry im now seeing this. i came in late and crashed rite after work

5:51 : morning XD

5:52 : I cant believe tht guy! omg rashad!

5:52 : did he srsly tell you that im having a party?

5:52 : he's wrong!

5:53 :well technically he isnt. the bar is having a birthday party for the boss' husband and im working tht night so i could have a plus one for discounts.

5:53 : its kinda a win win for the bar and for customers. the emplyees get a plus one so tht person gets half off whatever for the night and they in turn invite their friends and in the end the bar still gets profits.

5:54 : its smart when you think on it

5:55 : still cant believe him but yh, i was thinkin about inviting you.

Marcelo swore to himself that if it wasn't Alyssa that texted him he would've tossed his phone out the window; he never liked being disturbed from his sleep. Even then, Alyssa was still a stranger but he allowed it to pass. He figured she was panicked or embarrassed with the way she texted.

6:01 : Morning to you too princess.

He placed the phone on his chest awaiting her response. Marcelo listened to the morning wake up; the sun as it rose forced its light through every place possible, the yard fowl as he came to know them crowed being nature's alarm clock- they were a few minutes off when he looked at his phone, unless his time was wrong.

6:02 : Morning again, lol. making sure we didnt sleep together.

6:02 : Pardon me

6:04 : no no no. dont misunderstand me. Its a saying we have here when you tlk to someone you now seen for the morning and you dont say good morning. its like having no manners.

6:06 : so its as if we slept in the same bed so you wouldnt have to say morning when we get out. even tho you should still say so regardless

6:07 : very interesting indeed. so if we had slept together then i wouldnt have to tell you good morning?

6:08 : basically, brb

6:09 : well if thats the case i would wake you up with a kiss *devious smile emoji*

6:13 : umm no. disgusting. morning breath

6:15 : hahaha, i would have you know that i brush my teeth every morning and night

6:16 : idk tht

Marcelo realized he had just lied, he never went home last night. He went straight to the villa and crashed. Thankfully he had mouthwash in his bag; something he decided to walk with after that canned coffee left such an awful after taste in his mouth.

6:18 : so about this party? when is it?

6:19 : the 5th

6:20 : next month? October?