Chapter 18

The pain in his right arm was killing him- figuratively, but the numbness he felt in it made him wish he never had it.

"How am I to deliver right hooks now if my arm is out of commission like this?" He asked running his left hand through his loose black curls, staring at the ceiling.

"You don't have to do anything. Just keep laying there and relax." Alyssa's voice reverberated in his head.

"So what am I to do if someone threatens me?"

"You've got me to protect you." She smiles but he doesn't see, she trails her index finger down the side of his face to his gracious chest.

"You could protect me by letting the blood flow through my arm." He snided.

"You saying my head heavy?" He laughed hard nearly coughing.

"It's amazing how you sounded like a princess one sentence ago and then changed up your accent. Either way, I'm not saying it's heavy but neither is my arm getting any oxygen." She didn't reply and continued running her finger between the grooves of his torso.

"And what is that you're doing?" He jumped at the realization.

"You now catch you self? I was here playing with your stomach for the longest while."

"But why?" He squirmed.

"I'm remembering what your skin feels like holistically before you decide to get stabbed." Marcelo covered his face with his free hand and chuckled into it.

"Alyssa that was about two weeks ago. No one is going to stab me, or shoot me for that matter. I've been living a pretty quiet, saintly life these past weeks."

"Oh really? Says the guy that invites a girl to his place even before a first date." She cooed still caressing him.

"Firstly, the amount of holes in your accusation but I'm not even touching that. Secondly, what's so fascinating about my body?" He freaked.

"Why are you so interested? Are you ticklish?"

"What? No."

"Is it turning you on?" She drew circles around his abdomen. Marcelo steeled his look and turned his focus from her, Alyssa tried tracing his line of sight but landed on the growing bulge hidden beneath his boxers.

"Oh my God." She focused intently, "Oh. My. God!" She shot up, eyes glued to the surface. Alyssa didn't know what to be more surprised at; the fact she was right, the fact she turned him on or that he had exceeded her expectation. What bothered her mind was fighting the temptation to get physical.

"Oh yess!" Marcelo let erupt like weight lifted from his chest, or arm. He sat up and rotated his shoulder and shake out his hand.

"Free blood, free air." He smiled widely, Alyssa continued clenching her nail in her mouth and went back to her thoughts after Marcelo's outburst.

"Wait, where is it?"

"Where's what?" He looked at the disappointment splayed on her features.

"Never mind." She sighed peacefully placing a gentle touch on his chest and pushing him to lie down, resting her head near his heart.

"What is this place?" She asked after a moment's silence.

"It's a villa-"

"I know, but I mean here; this room."

"Well, basically said; it's my room."

"What do you mean? You don't actually live here; the place looks abandoned and this isn't a furnished room." Marcelo blushed on the inside, feeling slightly stupid; he knew he should've made better on getting the room ready. In the least they weren't sleeping on the ground.