What Did You Do?!?!

"What did you do?!" was the first thing Shinra said when he saw Shizuo walk inside while holding an injured Izaya. He was holding him by having the raven's left arm over his shoulders, while the blonde was holding him up by putting his right arm under the informants right armpit, and holding his left wrist on his other side.

At first, the bodyguard was just going to carry him with the info broker being thrown over his shoulder while he walked. But Shizuo quickly discarded the idea when he remembered the sounds of his ribs cracking.

On his way over, Shizuo tried calling Shinra, telling him that he was going to be over soon, and that he should get his 'medical crap' out and ready.

This wasn't too unusual, since Shizuo got into so many fights all the time. But what was unusual, was that it was quite later than normal, and the fact that Shizuo sounded like he was annoyed, but not at one person in particular this time. Which in the end, Shinra was kind of right, since Shizuo was annoyed at the flea for getting him into this mess, and at himself for actually helping the louse.

Shinra's curiosity led to him asking who was actually hurt this time. That being said, he asked in slight amusement, which then turned into disbelief when he was told that it was Izaya that was hurt, and that it was Shizuo that was helping him.

Shizuo hung up when he was dumped with countless questions from the underground doctor. Too angry to even attempt at answering the questions, when he didn't even know the answer to at least half of them himself.

"What did you do?!" Shizuo was brought back to the present by the repeated question.

"Huh?" He replied back, kind of confused. Shinra let out an exasperated sigh.

"He has two broken ribs on his right side, and one broken rib with another one that was just slightly cracked on his left side. He has a high fever, a sprained ankle, and his hands have multiple cuts on the palms, and a slight concussion. So, just what exactly happened?" Shizuo raised a surprised eyebrow at Shinra's description of the flea.

"Well, I chased him some, he tripped over a trash bag, and then I hit him with a sign." Shizuo said blandly.

Shinra simply blinked at him a few times. He opened his mouth to somehow come up with a reply to that, when his doctor side of him snapped up a few main details.

His sprained ankle and the cuts on his palms must be from when he tripped and fell. The concussion and the damage to his ribs were more than likely caused when Shizuo hit him with the sign. But then what of the high fever? And Izaya is a parkour master, how could a simple little bag of trash trip hi-

.....Oh.

......................Oh.

"Hey, Shizuo. Before tonight, when was the last time you saw Izaya?" The doctor asked calmly.

The blonde's head looked at his friend and tilted it in confusion.

What does that have to do with anything?

"....About last week I think. Why?" Shizuo answered, not really understanding where this conversation was leading to. Or how it affected what was going on right now.

But to Shinra it all made perfect since now. For he already knew about how Izaya got when he was sick. He would hole himself up somewhere, and not come back out until he was completely better, since when he got sick, it was really bad.

"Don't worry Shizuo. With me looking over him, he will be fine. You can go back home now."

The bodyguard looked at Shinra's eyes for a moment, then got up to leave. He stopped at the doorway to say one final bit on his mind before he left.

"It's not that I'm actually worried about him or something. It would just piss me off if he got himself killed before I got to kill him myself."

And with that, he left.

**********************************************
I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.