Pain

Everything hurts!

It hurts so much! Why?!?!

It hurts to breath!!!

Make it stop!

I can't stand this!

It hurts...!

Please...

...Someone help me...

Make it stop...

...It hurts.

...Shizu-chan...help me...

...Please...

...

**********************************************

Shizuo woke up to a loud bang. His body snapped up and awake with confusion. He blinked his eyes a few times, not recognizing his surroundings, before his memories from the day before came rushing back.

What was that noise I heard?

Shizuo kept silent, listening for any sounds, but to no avail.

After a few minutes, the blonde gave up and started to lay back down. He didn't even get to shut his eyes before another sound was heard.

...Is that....whimpering?

Shizuo got up from the couch, and began following the quiet sounds, which were leading him to Izaya's room.

The flea...?

The debt collector opened the door warily, but he didn't see the flea in his bed where he should have been. With a confused frown, he entered the room to search for the him, but froze when he heard the whimpering get even louder. He walked quickly to where he was hearing the noises, leading him to the other side of the bed. What he found shocked him more than anything else ever had.

There the flea was, curled up into a ball, which must have been hell with the broken ribs, but he didn't seem to even acknowledge it. But that wasn't what stopped the blonde in his tracks. Not at all.

What stopped him was the fact that the flea was crying.

That was when Shizuo realized that the whimpers he was hearing before were coming from Izaya.

Shizuo didn't know what to do. He was at even more of a loss than he was when the flea passed out in front of him before.

The blonde was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the raven mutter something. Something that he would never expect the flea to ever admit as long as he was alive.

"It hurts."

That was what the flea had said.

It was also what finally set Shizuo into motion. He walked over to the flea, who was a shivering, crying mess, and brought the raven into his arms to hold him.

The flea barely reacted to the warmth. His eyes did slightly open a bit, with a few more tears leaking out, but it looked like he wasn't really seeing anything. It was clear that he was still in extreme pain. Although, he did stop shivering, but only slightly.

The debt collector stood up, while still carrying the raven, and got onto the bed, and under the covers. Normally, he would never do something like this, but this was by far not a normal situation.

Damn. The flea has actually had to go through all of this when he got sick? I actually feel bad for him. He looks like hell, and with the way he always hides behind his stupid masks, for him to break apart like this...

And with that, Shizuo fell asleep with his enemy in his arms.

Who knew?

**********************************************
[A/N: I had the song Pain by Three Days Grace stuck in my head when I got about half-way through this chapter.  XD]

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.