Protect

Shizuo had eventually made his way back to his home and began to look around, hoping that he might find something. Anything, really.

His first place to look was in the bathroom, since that was where Izaya went first. Shizuo looked in every single spot of the room, only to no avail.

Then he looked in his bedroom.

After a while of looking in every nook and cranny in the bedroom, Shizuo was beginning to give up hope.

Before he could begin making his way back out, Shizuo noticed something unfamiliar in the trash can that was sitting next to his door. Without even batting an eye, he reached over, picked up the trash can, and dumped its contents out onto the floor.

There was trash that he had specifically remembered throwing away, but Shizuo ignored all of that. There seemed to be papers that the blonde didn't recognize.

Shizuo reached down and picked a piece up, only to become very confused at what he was looking at.

....What the fuck is 'Cold Death'?

The paper that Shizuo had picked up was the piece that had contained information about the drug, but the blonde only let his eyes skim over the paper, not wanting to waste any time over something he didn't understand.

He put the paper down and reached for another.

This one was a photo though.

When most people see a photo of a sniper's view being locked in on them, they might freak out, maybe even cry a little.

But again, Shizuo was not like most people.

Sure, he was kind of surprised of what he was looking at, but at this point he has gotten used to people trying to kill him, so this didn't really faze him anymore.

Shizuo tossed the photo over his shoulder without a care, and went on to the next paper.

This paper looked like some kind of note, very different from the first paper he picked up, which looked like some kind of important document.

Shizuo was about to toss it away from him, when the words Mr. Informant caught his eye. The blonde clutched onto the paper and began reading.

Everything started to make since to Shizuo when he finished.

'You must come alone....'

'...exactly 10:00 tonight.'

'...drug called 'Cold Death''

'...monster...'

'...bodyguard...'

'...full dose...'

'...bullets...'

'...drug...'

'...snipe that beast down?'

'I'll be seeing you, Mr. Informant'

Shizuo glanced over his shoulder to look at the photo he threw behind him.

Izaya...he...

"Shizu-chan....I'm going somewhere and I don't want you to follow me."

...That's why you....

And then I....

"Get out, you fucking flea."

You were...

...You were trying to protect me.....weren't you?

"Heh... and yet you always say how I'm stupid, and yet you went and did something like this..."

Shizuo glanced at the clock, seeing that it was currently 10:06 at night already.

'...exactly 10:00 tonight.'

'I am to inform you that you are to meet me at the exact location written on the back of this letter'

The blonde suddenly shot up from the ground and ran outside, knowing exactly where to go now.

You damn louse! If I get there just to find you dead, I won't ever forgive you!

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.