Running

Shizuo ran and ran and ran and ran.

Never before has Shizuo ran faster than he was running now.

Not even when he was chasing a certain raven while throwing stuff at him.

Heh...even though it's for a different reason, I'm still running because of the flea.

Shizuo ignored everything else around him. He ignored the random people who were trying to get out of his way as he ran. He ignored the cars that were screeching to a halt, along with their angry drivers who were yelling at the blonde man that was making mad dashes across the roads. He ignored the sounds and views that were surrounding him. He didn't care about any of that. He only had one thing on his mind.

Izaya Orihara.

Shizuo didn't remember much of his run to the place his flea was at. His mind was pretty much blank, imagining all the 'what if's' that could have happened before he got there.

The blonde didn't miss a beat to tear down the door and barge in when he arrived.

He expected that he might walk in to see a dead informant laying in a puddle of his own blood.

But he was given quite the surprise when that wasn't the case.

There were bodies everywhere.

Shizuo had no idea if they were still alive, or simply unconscious. Either way, he couldn't bring himself to care.

As long as none of them were Izaya, then he didn't care.

In speaking of the raven, the info broker was currently fighting one on one with another man. The expression on the raven's face was nothing short of absolute viciousness. That's not to say that he was completely unharmed though. One eye seemed to already be swelling shut, while it seemed that the rest of the informant was covered in cuts and gashes. It was clear that the raven was exhausted and was at his breaking point. Even so, Izaya still held a clear look of determination on his face.

Shizuo was snapped out his daze when the other man had finally pinned Izaya down onto the ground.

With a roar, Shizuo launched himself at the man, throwing him at the wall nearest them. The man fell heavily, and didn't make another move.

The blonde turned quickly and stopped a knife from entering into his shoulder. He was about to launch his attacker away until he realized he recognized the knife he was holding. He looked up when he heard a gasp, and saw the very surprised face of Izaya. Something that was a rarity. It was clear that the raven had not realized just who exactly Shizuo was until then.

"Shi......Shizu-chan.....why are you.....?" However, Izaya's confused and surprised expression quickly turned into one of absolute horror when Shizuo felt a sudden pain in his left shoulder.

He was shot, and not with just a regular bullet.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.