Checkup

The two reached the doctor's apartment uneventful. As of right now, Shizuo was sitting in Shinra's living room with Celty, while the doctor was in a different room with Izaya doing a checkup, much to the raven's displeasure.

Shizuo felt exhausted. He was tired from his thoughts, what he should and shouldn't do around the flea. After so many years of fighting with Izaya, it has been hard trying to behave differently with the raven.

We are friends now though.

Heh.

Me and the flea being friends. Who knew?

Shizuo couldn't stop the smile from forming on his face.

[What are you smiling about, Shizuo?]

Shizuo read the text on Celty's PDA and tried making his face stop making such an expression, but eventually gave up.

"Me and the flea are friends now." Shizuo replied nonchantly.

Celty dropped her PDA in shock. She then picked it up and started typing with impressive speed.

[You two are what?!?!?]

Shizuo knew that he was in for a long conversation, but strangely, he couldn't really bring himself to care.

He felt happy.

**********************************************

"Are we done now?" Izaya asked with a bored expression on his face.

"Yep!" Shinra replied cheerfully.

"What?!?! You had me sit in here for about an hour, and about more than half of that time we were just sitting here doing nothing!" The raven exploded.

"Well, there was something that I wanted to talk to you about. You know, I always thought you two would fight no matter what. Even if you two were old geezers, you would still be running, and Shizuo would still be throwing signs at you. Celty seemed that she needs some time to talk to Shizuo, probably about the same thing."

"What exactly is going on between you and Shizuo?" Shinra asked, with a slightly serious look on his face. When the raven didn't reply, the doctor let out an exasperated sigh.

"Look, you are my friend, and Shizuo is also a friend of mine. I don't want-"

"I'm not messing around with him." Izaya interrupted suddenly. He looked up to Shinra with the same kind of serious look the doctor was wearing moments ago.

"I'm not just messing around with Shizu-chan. And, believe it or not, we are friends now too. I'm not tricking him or using him. Nor am I trying to frame him for something."

I don't want to be alone.

Izaya wanted to add his thought into what he was saying, but he couldn't bring himself to say it.

Not even to the person that was supposed to be his best friend.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.