Chapter 1

Bexley's POV
"I can't believe I'm really here looking at Zach asking Sky out" I thought. "After what I feel for him. Why am I even here?"
Let's rewind.

Zachary Hayes was perfect to me. Simply perfect. He was smart, cool, cute, nice, kind, funny. Everything I would've ever wished for. Or at least that's what I tried to make myself believe.

Sky Miles is very nice, she always tries to see the best in everything, she's smart and people like her cause she's charismatic, funny and always has a big smile on her face. She was in some of my classes last year and we got on pretty well. That was till the moment she found out I had a crush on her best friend. Which brings me back to Zach.

Zach and Sky had dated a couple years ago and had broken up since they had supposedly figured out they were better off as friends.

Then 9th grade started and I was in all of Zach's classes. We started spending a lot of time together. We would go together everywhere. He would sometimes flirt with me. Everything was great until one day it just wasn't anymore.

I started to realize he wasn't... as perfect as he seemed. He loved to show off and make everyone feel less. He couldn't take a joke and he would always do whatever he wanted without asking anyone. He was a jerk. Not to mention I had just recently found out him and Sky had something going on... again.

"Hey how's it going bro?" Alex asked him
"I'm asking Sky out today" he said
"Way to go!"
"Omg what? You're asking Sky out? Finally! You guys are literally my favorite ship!" a random girl in the classroom told him
"Ugh" I whispered
"What's wrong Bex?" Zach asked me
"Nothing" I said giving him a fake smile
"Oh okay"

Of course there was something wrong. I hated the fact that everyone treated him as a celebrity just cause he was the smartest kid in our grade. And the fact that he had just been leading me on for a really long time. This school year had been crazy and this just made it worse. Glad it is over. Maybe next year I'll meet someone else.

•••
Hi everyone! I just came to say that I know I don't mention Max and Harvey at all in this chapter, but it's just for this one chapter. Keep reading for all the drama ;) Hope you like it!