Chapter 34

Max's POV

I remember because Harvey told me that there was this 'Logan kid' who was Bexley's friend. And I'm guessing this is him because he's never aggressive with anyone... and according to me, he's the only person he has something against at the moment.

He doesn't say anything still "help me get him inside?" I tell him

He nods. We take him inside and put him on the couch.

"I didn't start this..." he says. There's a long pause afterwards. "Is he your twin?" What a stupid question he just made to try to break the ice. I don't think either of them are bad people... I know my brother, and I know he's been acting like an idiot lately and that it's in part his fault. But I also believe that Logan is responsible for this and he shouldn't go there saying 'I didn't start this' as if he had been completely innocent, because I don't think my brother had never got to that point of punching someone, and if he ever had, it was because someone provoked him, too.

"What do you think?" I reply

"Right" he scratches his neck "I guess it was sort of stupid to ask that"

"Sort of?" I say "listen, I know my brother has been an idiot lately, but I'm not dumb... what did you do? You messed with Bexley?"

"Mess with— listen, I know her since we were babies. If anyone's messing with her, that's him. I will not back off"

"You like her..." I tell him. Then I look over at Harvey and notice his hand moving. He must be awake by now.

"I think I should go-" Logan says

"Yeah... go" I say

He shuts the door close and I see Harvey open his eyes "what the hell, Max?"

"What the hell what?"

"Why did you have to punch me and not him? I did nothing wrong"

"I don't know what's wrong with you. You're not like this... ever"

"You're not exactly yourself either. You're being so... chill about all of this" he says rubbing his eyes "wait. Is this blood? You really punched me hard, didn't you?"

"I'm sorry, okay? You just needed to stop and I didn't know how to make you"

"You didn't even know what was going on there. Shut your mouth, unclench your fists and mind your own damn business"

"I'm helping you here! You are going to lose her to him now or later if you don't keep your cool... just like I did."

"What-"

"And don't you think he already texted Bexley about this? He's a coward, I won't deny that. And that's why he will most likely tell her about this and lie saying it was your fault, and then you'll lose her. He's one of her best friends!"

"You and Hana..."

"Yes, Harvey, Hana and I broke up. Well... I sorta was the one to break up with her because she was always spending time with her science partner and-"

"And I'm the stupid one?" He says

"It sounds stupid and I was an idiot, I know, but she always went like: I gotta do this with him and that with him, but you can come along if you want, and so I did, and Harvey, I third wheeled!"

"You couldn't have!"

"Okay, not exactly, but I sure saw her always laughing at everything he said and stuff like that. Maybe she wanted to be with him and not with me, so I did it before she got to break up with me"

"Max! You're such an idiot!"

"I know. I know. I'll try to fix it but... I don't know if she'll forgive me" I sigh "but you still gotta try"

•••

Harvey's POV
I see Bexley in the hallway and tell her "I'm so sorry. I was just kidding when I said that thing about talking to Ava again. And I'm sorry for punching Logan again-"

"You punched Logan after that thing at the diner?"

"You didn't know? He didn't tell you?"

"No."

That surprises me, so I am not sure if it is a good idea to tell her about what happened "Then... nevermind"

"No, no, tell me about it" she insists

"Well... lets just say that... after we left, he confronted me and told me that I wasn't good enough for you and stuff."

"You didn't do anything?"

"Why would I? I have told you, I don't want to lose you"

She nods "I'll talk to him"

>>>

Hi! It's just me being annoying once again but I just updated "I DONT" so if y'all could check it out it would mean the world to me haha