Chapter 13

Bexley's POV
"Harvey, did you open the..." Max comes into the room running and immediately looks at Hana "oh hi" he smirks at her and runs his fingers through his hair "...girls" he says as he looks at me.

I noticed how he looked at Hana and I can tell you, that's not the kind of look you give someone you have no interest in, but we'll see.

"Hey Max!" Hana says as she hugs him

I roll my eyes. I can't help it. It just happens, sorry. Hana's always been so nice and so cheerful, I guess that's why boys like her. I'm the opposite, I'm more... moody as I've been saying all along, and I wish I could act otherwise but I wouldn't be myself, which means I'd have to be fake and which is definitely not what i want, cause if someone ever likes me, I want them to like me, for me. Okay. Enough.

Hana's POV
Being friends with your crush is amazing, and I'm feeling pretty positive about all this. It actually does look like Max is into me, and I like him more and more each time.

I don't know about Bexley, she looks a little mad, but why? She could be taking advantage of the time she has to talk to Harvey. Instead she's looking at Max and me.

"I'll be right back, I just need some air" she says, takes a deep breath and goes outside

Sometimes I feel like she might be hurt because she thinks Harvey doesn't like her, or because things are going pretty well for me and not very good for her. I tell her everyday that she needs to have a little bit of faith and try to think positively, but she doesn't really like that.

Bexley's POV
As you might have guessed by now, yeah, I'm the type of teenager who has many mood swings and who is extremely over dramatic. It's always been easy for Hana to make guys go crazy for her. She tells me I need to be positive, but she doesn't understand what it's like because she's a different person. Do I really need to change myself for guys to like me? I mean, there must be someone out there who will like me as I am.

Harvey's POV
"Harvey" Max says shoving me and looking at Bexley like telling me to go after her
I nod. I go out and see Bex. I get near her but then turn around and try not to make a sound so that she doesn't notice me

Bexley's POV
I see Harvey getting away. Another chance that fades away. Woah. Yikes, the fact that I'm considering Harvey a "chance", definitely means I feel something, cause it hurts to see him getting away from me

"Am I that hard to talk to?" I say in a really low voice but loud enough for him to hear me
"What?" He says without turning around
"Why do I have to drive everyone away?" He turns around and comes near me looking mad
"Bexley, why the hell would you think that? You're nice, you're smart, you're pretty, not pretty, goddamn gorgeous, you're kind, and funny. Why are you so scared of people not liking you? If someone doesn't like you, it's their loss, but there are people here and out there who will like you for you, and I'm one of them. I. Like. You" what the actual hell? He's telling me he likes me? Too much information and new things to process. "... as a friend of course" yeah, it was obviously too good to be a true. It always is, but on the other hand, why would I want him to like me when I'm not even sure of what I feel for him?
"Woah. You really do know how to make someone feel like they're worth it. I'm happy to have you as a friend" I say smiling at him
He hugs me and smiles

Hana's POV
"Wait. Does Harvey like Bex?" I ask Max while we are sitting on the couch
"Yes. But don't tell him that I told you"
"My lips are sealed" I laugh
"I feel happy for him. It looks like things are working out after all, plus, I think they would make a great couple" he says
"Yeah. Bex has a negative attitude when it comes to this kind of things but I feel like they could actually end up together"

Max's POV
"I agree. By the way, we should have a movie night. Bex, Harvey, you and me?" I say
"Sounds great, but I don't wanna third wheel" Hana says laughing
" You won't" I say grabbing her hand and leaning in "you won't" our lips were inches apart but then we heard the door, and saw Bexley and Harvey there. Bexley gulps and then looks away. Harvey smiles at us.

"So... are we gonna study or..." Bex says
"Uh... yeah. Study. Right" I say

*2 hours later*
We have been studying for quite a long time now. Okay, maybe not that long but I'm not the kind of person who loves to study. Bexley and Harvey have barely said anything. We are laying on our stomachs on the floor and I'm right next to Hana. I've been wanting to show her just how important she is to me but without making her uncomfortable. I get my hand close to hers and then grab it, she looks at me and then we intertwine our fingers. She smiles.

"You're very cute when you smile, you know?" I tell her
"That's where you're wrong. I'm always very cute" she says pretending to be offended and then laughs
I laugh "you're right"

Bex looks at us for a second and then looks away and gulps. Then, Harvey looks at us, smiles, looks at Bex and looks back at me like asking me if he should do the same

"Go" I mouth

Bexley's POV
This right here is just the thing I had been fearing, but this is just the beginning of the nightmare. But after Zach, I made myself the promise that I wouldn't suffer for any other boy again. If they don't want me, that's that. It's probably gonna hurt a lot for a few days, and make me feel like I'm not worth a thing, but after that, it's over. Gotta move on.