Chapter 36

Bexley's POV

"Oh... that's Hana kissing somebody?" Max asks while looking down at his food. "I hadn't even noticed" he chuckles and looks down at his plate again

"Maybe it isn't her" I say

"No, no, no. It's fine, don't try to hide the truth from me. I'm not some stupid 5 year old that can't take seeing her ex girlfriend kissing some other guy. After all... I broke up with her, didn't I?"

We remain silent. But all of a sudden, I hear some girls in the next table talking.

"Hana broke up with his boyfriend?" One of them says

"Yeah, I heard that's her new boyfriend. I heard them talking in the hallway"

"Boy, isn't that interesting"

I look back at Max and he seems to have heard it too. Maybe he's trying not to show it, but his face says it all.

I go up to her and tell her "Hana, what the hell?"

"What?"

"Why were you just kissing Logan?"

"Remember that one time I said he was cute? Well... he's also very nice"

"I know Logan, Hana"

"Okay, good"

"Max saw you two kissing. He looked so... hurt" I say crossing my arms

"But he broke up with me, didn't he?"

"Well yeah but-"

"Then he had it coming. Aren't you happy I moved on?"

"Well yeah but-"

"Then just accept it"

Hana's POV

What a freaking joke. Of course I haven't moved on. But I need to show Max that I'm over him. And maybe I'll actually end up believing I, in fact am over him. I don't like Logan. He's okay but I have no feelings for him. But we'll see.

"Fine" Bexley says and then walks away

•••

Bexley's POV

"Logan. Why are some people saying you and Hana..."

"Me and Hana are dating. That's true"

"Since... when?"

"Does it matter?"

"Well... yeah. Last time I checked you were into me"

"I never said that"

And he's right about that. He never said that.

"Last time we talked..." I look down at my phone "around 2 hours ago, you were telling me that I should be dating you"

"And you said no and I'm backing off. I'm letting you and your magnificent boyfriend be happy together. And you're still not happy with that. What do you want Bex?"

He's right about that as well. Why do I even care so much? Oh, that's right, because I care about Max and his feelings, but what can I do? I'm stuck.

Logan's POV

I am sure you might be saying I'm literally the most complicated person ever. But as a matter fact, girls are far more complicated.

I didn't use to like Bexley, okay? If you want me to be honest, bro, I hadn't even thought about her before I saw her on the street that one day some months ago. She left so long ago and we hadn't talked in so many years. How many? Like... 8? I don't even know.

"I don't want anything. I want..." she says and I look her right in the eyes.

But then, dang, as soon as I saw her again, it was like something crazy happened. She's so... beautiful. So yeah, she's pretty good looking, but dude, she's honestly gold. The way she is, the way she talks. The way she smiles. I. DONT. KNOW. It makes me go nuts.

"You to be happy" she finishes.

Right now, Bexley, I need you to know that I can't be happy. Not with anyone else. If only there was a way to make her change her mind.

"Then, let me live my life" I tell her and walk out on her.

I've dated many girls. I've liked them all but never actually gotten to that falling in love part. Except for Bexley. She's different. But then of course, there had to be someone else. Cough, cough, Harvey. And the worst part is, they are both insanely in love with each other. It sometimes feels like they're going to get married or something.

I must admit, I think I blew it. Maybe it's also been my fault. First, I told her to forgive him and give him another chance and all that crap. And then, I insulted her boyfriend and punched him. I'm probably to blame as well. But now I'll have to let some time pass by and either things will change or they simply won't. All I know is, for now, I need Bexley to stay away from me. I can't move on like this. And Hana seems like pretty great way out.

"Hana" I say with a smirk getting near her

"Logan, hey" she says back with a smile. She's actually very pretty.

"You're very cute, did you know that?"

Max's POV

I see them talking. Her eyes meet mine for one quick second, and then she kisses him. I clench my fist and then hear Harvey say "This is stupid. He was into Bexley like two seconds ago. That changed quite fast, didn't it?". I can tell he's relieved. But it'd be completely different if it were Bexley. "Don't punch him" he chuckles.

I roll my eyes "I'm not you."

"I'm not usually aggressive, you know that"

"Yeah. But you're immature, Harvey" I say "Besides... why would I punch him. Honestly... I deserve it. I screwed up so badly"

"It's not that big a deal, Max. You broke up with her, but you could've done something worse"

I stay in silence for some seconds and then admit "I did. I didn't just break up with her because I got jealous... I cheated on her"