Chapter 4

Bexley's POV
*a few days later*
I am kind of mad at myself. Why am I even jealous? I shouldn't be. This definitely can't be one of those times in which I fall for the guy just because he smiled at me. I don't like him. I don't like him. I. Don't. Like. Him.

I get dressed and go downstairs to have breakfast
"Are you okay?" My mom asks
"Yeah, why?" I ask while eating some cereal
"You seem a bit... nervous"
"Nah, I'm okay, mom. It's just, school and stuff"

I am nervous. Definitely. I can't seem to get Max out of my mind. I met him only a few days ago and he is all I can think of. I don't want to start liking him. He obviously likes Hana. Hana wants the guy and she'll obviously get the guy. Why even try?

I used to be a really positive person but now... after everything that has happened. I don't really think I can be that positive anymore. We all know how the story goes. They never like me back. Whatever.

"Bye mom" I say
"Goodbye" she says

I walk out the door and see Hana waiting for me

"Oh hey, I've been waiting for your ass to get out of the house for like 10 minutes. Thank god you're here" she says
"It's nice to see you too" I say rolling my eyes and giving her a hug
"Okay lets go"

We walk for a bit in a really awkward silence. I don't think she knows I kind of have a crush on Max. And I'm pretty sure she likes him. Why hasn't she told me about what happened on Monday though?

"Oh, I uh- I forgot to mention" she starts saying

There we go...

"Okay. Okay. Okay, you really wont guess what happened the other day" she says freaking out
"What happened?" I ask her pretending I have no idea
"So after I finished showing Max around the school, he asked for my number and then walked me home. He's so nice and I know I met him like 3 days ago but I'd love to date him" she smiles like she is replaying on her mind what happened yesterday
"So you like him?"
"Duh" she says with a giggle
"What about Harvey?"
"We haven't really talked. I think I like Max better"

That's the moment I knew Max would be hers. Damn it.

*at school*
"Hi" Max said smiling and taking the seat next to me "You okay?"
"Yeah. I'm fine" I said giving him a weak smile
"When girls say they're fine it means they're not fine" he says "you can trust me"
"Okay. I haven't told anyone this though." I say turning my whole body his way so that I'd be facing him "I mean, it's not anything bad. It's just... it's just that I hate how someone can always get whatever they want. And how you can sometimes feel like it's your chance but then it turns out it's actually that person's chance. Look, I... I don't really know if that makes any sense but... I'm sorry" I said letting out a big sigh.
"Bexley, it's okay. I completely get it. Everything will get better, i promise" he says putting a hand on my shoulder

I don't really know how he can say that he "gets it". Look at him, it's not even been a week of school and only god knows how many girls are already in love with him. However, im glad he listened to me. Maybe we can become friends. And something more after. Who knows?

"Thanks for listening to me, Max, call me Bex by the way" I say giving him a small smile.
"No problem, Bex. I'll be here if you need me" he tells me, giving me a hug and getting out of the room.

I turn around and see Harvey looking intently at me. We make eye contact and I give him a small smile. He looks away. I stand up and leave.