Chapter 44

Bexley's POV

"Yes...", I look down at the floor. "We broke up two weeks ago. Why though?"

"I was just wondering if that means I stand a chance now?", he asks me.

I give him an annoyed look, and ask him kind of offended, "Is this why you asked me to come? Because you wanted to know all the details on why I broke up with my boyfriend? To try to comfort me and so that maybe then I'd give you a chance?"

"No, no, Bex. I was just kidding, I swear, but I just wanna know why you two broke up. I want to help"

"Before that, tell me, are you still into me?"

"Spending time with Hana actually did help me stop thinking about you, but I'll admit that... maybe I still feel things for you, but I know you don't like me, and I'm okay with that. I'm not trying to hit on you, I swear"

He sounds pretty sincere, I sigh, "we broke up because... to be honest... I don't even know. It was just like he'd get mad at me because of the dumbest reasons, I mean, there was even this time in which I kissed him in front of his friends and he just backed off... that wasn't nice"

"Doesn't sound nice...", he turns his whole body my way "but... I mean, us guys can be very stupid."

"I've noticed..."

"Do you at least know what his reason to do all that could've been?"

"No."

"Something must have made him feel like you were the one who didn't want to be with him"

"But I did, I still wanted to be with him", I put my head in my hands, "ugh, I miss him so much"

"I bet he still wanted to be with you as well."

"Yes, but it's probably for the best. We just kept avoiding each other. We didn't have that one thing we used to..."

"Try to talk things through, I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work, just like you did last time."

"But we've tried to talk and it's been useless. Either he doesn't listen, or I don't listen, and then we fight. What a mess."

"Give it one last chance, if it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't", he shrugs. 

•••

I go over to Harvey's to discuss everything. Max is the one to open the door after I knock. "Bex, good news, Hana and I are back together!", he says with a nice smile.

I smile back at him, "I know, she told me! I'm so happy for you two!", I say giving him a hug. Then, I hear a voice, it's Harvey.

"What is she doing here?" he asks Max

"I asked her to come. I wanted to tell her something", he lies.

"Oh what is it now, you like him again, Bex?"

"No."

"Oh, yeah, my bad, you like Logan. Why don't you go back to seeing him instead, huh?"

"This is ridiculous", I say rolling my eyes.

"You wanna know what really is ridiculous? How it's been like 2 weeks since we broke up and you're already trying to get with him."

"Quit it, Harvey", Max tells him with a frown.

"I was not"

"Sure, I just saw you coming out of his house"

Max looks at him once more and tells him, "Harvey, don't do this..."

"It's fine, Max, don't worry about it... I'm out of here." I stare at Harvey and say, "And just so you know, I was actually here to try to talk things through, but not anymore"

Harvey's POV

I see her walk out of the door and I immediately start to feel bad. She was here to try to maybe get back together with me and I was a total ass once more. Max looks over at me, "Is it that you really can't do anything right? I can tell you want her back, Harvey, but why do you keep messing things up? Look, I'm not even gonna tell you what you should do anymore, just as I said. You do whatever occurs to you"

Bexley's POV

I felt embarrassed when he showed up asking what I was doing there. I feel terrible, has he just never trusted me? Has he always felt like I jump from guy to guy like that? I have many negative feelings inside me right now, but of course I'll never let it show. I'm sitting at a park bench contemplating the lake while I'm trying to understand everything that's happened lately. And then, he sits next to me.

"Oh... you?", I ask him.

"Yes, it's me"