Chapter 33

Instead Of Victor & Raina It's Gonna Be Austin & Raina :)

KJ POV
     "Hey Cami? Are you packed? We're leaving in a few hours" I said walking into the kitchen where Cami was sitting on her phone eating a bowl of cereal. She looked up at me and her face went red. "You didn't pack did you?" I asked chuckling. "Ummm...Well you see" she said laughing nervously. "It's ok babe. Finish your cereal and then we can go into our room so you can pack." I said sitting next to her. We ended up talking until she was finished with her cereal. We walked to our room and she grabbed a backpack before packing some clothes, her phone, etc. It only took her about 20 minutes until she was done.

     "Well that was fast. We still have 3 hours until they get here" I chuckled. "Does that mean we have time to binge watch Netflix?" she asked hopefully. "Yes we have time to binge watch Netflix" I said smiling at her cuteness. "Yes!" she exclaimed happily before turning the TV on and going to Netflix. "We literally watched all the good shows" I said groaning. "Let's watch Riverdale" she laughed. I said ok before she started playing episode one of season two.

    About 2 hours later we were on episode 8 of season two and the Varchie scene in the lounge was playing. We just looked at each other before I kissed her. Let's just say we were basically recreating that scene until we heard a car horn. We quickly got up, grabbed our bags, and rushed out the door.

     "Hey Austin, Hey Raina, this is Camila my girlfriend" I said once we got in the car. They said hey and we all talked for awhile before heading off to our camping spot.

     After about a thirty minute drive we were parking the truck and setting up our tents. Cami and I set up our tent, which only took 10 minutes, before we decided to go on a hike while Austin and Raina stayed by the tent and started to set up a fire pit.

     "Hey so I know I ask you this every you meet my friends but, what do you think about them?" I asked halfway through the hike. "They're really nice Kage" she smiled. I smiled back before we went back to talking about random things. We were on our way back when we noticed the sun was setting. "Ooo KJ can we watch the sun set?!" Cami asked giving me puppy dog eyes. "Well how can I say no to that?" I smiled. We walked a little farther until we found a perfect spot to watch it. I was honestly kinda surprised that Cami didn't take a video or picture and post it.

     We ended up staying there until it was dark and Cami did take a picture of us and the sunset but said she wanted to keep it as a private thing for us. Since it was dark we decided to get up and head back but unfortunately Cami's phone died before we could even take a step. I could tell she was getting kinda scared and the noises and branches snapping didn't help. I grabbed her hand and gave her a reassuring smile before we started walking.

     We were walking for a solid ten minutes when we realized we were officially lost. We were standing in the middle of the woods when Cami held my hand tighter. "KJ, I'm scared" she said with a shaky voice. "It'll be ok baby girl I promise" I say pulling her into a hug. She hugged back and we stood there for awhile before pulling away. I ended up giving her a piggyback ride as we walked around trying to find our way back. We eventually found our way back but by that time Cami was asleep.

     "What the hell happened with you two?!" Raina whispered. "We went on a hike, decided to watch the sunset, left when it got dark, and then we got lost" I whispered back. She nodded and her and Austin just smiled at Cami as she slept on my shoulder. They told me they were gonna go to bed so I just laid Cami down in the tent and got her covered with blankets since she was already in a comfortable outfit. (Sweatpants & a t-shirt) As for myself, I just took my t-shirt off and stayed in my basketball shorts, before turning the lantern off and going to sleep.

~4:30AM~

     I woke up a few hours later, looked over, and saw Cami curled up in a ball shaking and crying. "Cami what's wrong?" I asked, concerned, as I sat up. She looked at me and I could tell she needed a hug. I immediately pulled her onto my lap as I engulfed her in a hug. "KJ..." she said as she buried her head in my chest. "I'm right here Cami" I said hugging her tighter.

     "I had a nightmare and then I heard walking outside the tent" she said after a few minutes. "Baby girl how long have you been up?" I asked not breaking the hug. "Probably an hour" she whispered. "Babe why didn't you wake me up?" I asked. "I would've felt bad" she said. "Cami next time you get scared wake me up, I wanna help you" I said. Once we broke the hug I decided that I'd look outside to make her feel safer. "I'm gonna go check outside ok?" I said. She looked at me nervously, like she didn't wanna be alone. "I'll only be a few seconds, I promise" I said before walking outside of the tent. I looked around and didn't see anything so I went back inside the tent.

      I told Cami nothing was out there and she nodded before we laid back down. I pulled her closer and made sure she was ok and just waited until she fell asleep before I went back to bed.

I honestly can't even imagine what my life would be like without Camila in it, I don't even remember what my life was like before I met her.

Hope you enjoyed!!