thirteen

"I want to see you again

"I want to see you again."

"A second date?" I chuckled through the phone. "The first one must have went great."

I heard him laugh from the other end, a smile on my face at the sound. "Our mate-my mates are having a small party and I know that might be a lot for you, but I'd like you to come."

"I would love to," I smiled. "When is it?"

"It's actually tonight."

"What do I need to wear? Something fancy or no?"

"You could come in your pajamas and the boys would still say you looked great."

I chuckled, looking through my closet. "I need context, Lucas."

"What'd you call me?"

"..Lucas," I repeated. "It's your name, right?"

"Right," he said. "Just wear jeans and a nice shirt, that's what I'm wearing."

"What? Your band tee shirts?"

"How do you know that?"

I laughed, falling on the bed. "I don't know."

"I'll pick you up at eight, love you, bye."

I smiled at the mumbling of  'love you' before looking for clothes to change into.

"Mom, Dad, I'm off."

"Where to?"

"David's."

My dad smiled, pressing a kiss to my cheek. "I'm glad, you seem happier with more time you've been spending together."

I nodded before heading outside, seeing Luke already parked in his Jeep, a grin on his face.

I jumped into the Jeep, already a giggling mess when I met his eyes. He leaned over and kissed my lips quickly.

We hadn't seen each other since out first date almost a week ago, only talking on the phone. I smiled at him, interlocking our fingers together.

"Can I say that I missed you?" I said, biting my lip softly.