twenty-seven

I snuggled into Luke's chest, his cold fingers pushing underneath my shirt

"Luke!" I squealed, grabbing his hands. "Your fingers are freaking cold!"

"I know," he grinned, digging his face into my neck. "I'm trying to warm them up."

I snuggled closer to him, wrapping my arms around his waist, moving my feet between his. 

It had been a few weeks since Luke and I started seeing each other again and things had been going great. Better than expected, really. 

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me even closer, his body pressing against mine. He sighed deeply, closing his eyes.

I focused on listening to his heartbeat, hearing it speed up ever so slightly when I moved. 

"Are you settling?" I asked him, my voice muffled underneath the blanket.

"What?"

"Are you settling for me?" I asked, moving the blanket to meet his eyes. "Like, there are other girls out there, do you-"

"Don't even finish that sentence, Bell."

"It's just-we've been together for what, four years, and you've never once thought about moving on from me? Even after I lost my memory?"

He tilted my head up to meet his eyes again, his hand resting on my cheek. "Baby, I don't need anyone else."

"What about when my touch doesn't excite you anymore? Or when you get sick of hearing my voice every morning? Or when our sex gets bori-"

He leaned down and kissed my lips softly, cutting me off. "That's never gonna happen, Bell, why are you worried about that? Are you getting sick of me already?"

"No," I said, intertwining our fingers together. "It's just- I get sick of me sometimes, why wouldn't you?"

"I can and never ever will get sick of you, Arabella," he said, moving so he was on top of me, kissing my lips softly. "Alright?"

I nodded, digging my face into his neck as I sighed. "I love you."

He chuckled softly, his hands moving to my hair. "Love you too, baby."

***

I intertwined my fingers with Luke's as he knocked on Michael's door, music already heard from the other side.

Someone opened the door, yells already heard from inside. Luke squeezed my hand tighter, pulling me closer. 

Michael threw his arms around us, jumping up and down. "I'm so happy Larabella is back together!"

I rolled my eyes and pushed him off. "Calm down, Mikey."

We stepped inside, everyone grinning at us. God, this was just weird now.

Luke pressed a kiss to my cheek before dropping my hand and moving over to the drinks. 

"Aria!" Ashton yelled, wrapping his arms around me. "You're here!"

"I am." I chuckled, hugging him back. 

He didn't let go but just sighed. "I missed you."

I rolled my eyes and pushed him off too. "What is up with you guys tonight? All clingy and shit?"

"We just missed you, is all." Ashton whined, kissing my hand before moving over to Luke.

Luke handed me a beer, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. He smiled down at me, kissing my lips softly.

Throughout the night, Luke and I got progressively drunker, the party starting to die down as we hid out in the kitchen.

A slow song came out and Luke sighed happily, grabbing my hand. "Dance with me, love."

"Luke, I can't dance." I frowned as he tugged me off my seat on the counter.

"Put your feet on mine." He instructed.

I wrapped an arm around his neck as I put my feet on top of his, nearly falling backwards. We both started laughing as he wrapped his arms around my waist, starting to move along with the music.

"You don't know what it's like, baby," he sung the lyrics softly to me, his lips touching my ear as I pressed my head against his shoulder, closing my eyes. "You don't know what it's like..."

"To love somebody," he sang to me, his blue eyes meeting mine. "To love somebody. The way I love you."

I pressed my lips against his softly and gently, filling it with nothing but love. I pulled back and rested my forehead against his. "I love you so much."

"Not as much as I love you."

I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around him. "I doubt that."

"Doubt it as much as you want, babygirl, but it's true."

"Luke, are you in here?" someone asked from the other side of the door. "I need to talk to you about Australia, man-"

"Calum!" Luke yelled, suddenly, pulling away from me.

Calum's brown eyes fell on me before widening. "Oh, shit, sorry, mate."

"Australia?" I asked, stepping closer to the two boys. "What's in Australia?"

Michael appeared from the other side, a drunk smile on his face. "Lukey didn't tell you? He's moving back to Sydney."

My heart dropped to my feet as I looked up to the blue eyed boy. "Luke, is that true?"

He reached out to me, his eyes saying it all. "Baby, I was-"

"So, it is? You're leaving?"

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Arabella, I was going to talk to you-"

I was moving towards the door as quickly as possible, tears already threatening to fall. 

He's leaving me.

Again.