forty-two

I was sat on the kitchen counter, a drink in my hand, a curly-haired, green eyed boy standing between my legs

Harry was messing with the torn material of my jeans, occasionally sticking his fingers through the open slots, his cold fingers touching my hot skin. 

"You know, if you keep doing that, you're gonna rip them." I said to him, his green eyes shifting to meet mine.

"Oh, what a shame that'll be?" He smirked at me.

I threw my head back in laughter, my head hitting the cupboard. I let out another laugh as Harry caressed the forming bump on my head, his face mere inches from mine.

I smiled up at him as he leaned down and pressed a quick kiss to my lips. He pulled back and smiled at me before leaning back down and pressing a more gentle and lingering kiss.

I smiled against his lips, pulling him closer by his shirt. He pulled me closer to the edge of the counter, kissing me gently.

"What is it with you and my counters?" Michael said, reaching into the fridge and grabbing some more cold beers.

I laughed against his lips, pulling back and setting my chin on his shoulder, looking over at Michael. He just let out another laugh, patted Harry's shoulder before going back to Crystal.

"What is it with you and counters?" Harry repeated. 

"It's nothing," I chuckled, looking up at him. "Luke and I just had a quickie in the bathroom last time he was here."

Harry's mouth parted in shock as I slapped a hand over my mouth. "I can't believe I just said that."

He threw his head back and laughed, squeezing my thighs gently. "If you're into counters, all you had to do was tell me."

I shoved his chest playfully, chuckling. "You're such a horn dog."

"Do you wanna get outta here?" He asked me, tucking a hand through the large hole in my jeans.

"Yes, please," I smiled, pulling his hand from my jeans. "You're practically ripping my jeans off anyways."

"Sorry, darling, can't help it." He commented, kissing my lips quickly before I jumped off the counter and intertwined our fingers together.

Everyone was drunk and we weren't even tipsy. Drinking wasn't really my thing anymore. I didn't have anything to get away from. Alcohol numbs feelings, it doesn't make what happened go away, it just makes you temporarily forget them.

I told everyone goodbye, Harry talked to Ashton about watching some game together. I hugged Calum tightly, telling him I'll see him tomorrow.

As I was about to open the door and leave, someone grabbed my hand and spun me around. "You're leaving already?"

I looked up and met those blue eyes, pulling my arm away. "Uh, yeah, I have class tomorrow."

"Oh, alright."

"You ready, love?" Harry asked me.

"Yep, let's go," I said before looking to Luke. "I'll catch you later, okay?"

Luke nodded, turning his eyes away. "Yeah."

***

A loud knocking woke me up from my sleep, making me furrow my eyebrows together.

Harry's arms were wrapped tightly around me, my face dug into his chest. I gently pulled his arms from me, careful not to wake him as I pulled a tee shirt from the floor, along with some clean panties.

I went to the door and opened it, instantly looking into his blue eyes. "Luke?"

He smiled gently down at me, wiping the tears from his face. "Hey, Bell."

"What are you doing here?" I said tiredly, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "It's 3am."

"How'd you and that Hardin meet?"

"His name's Harry," I said to him. "Luke, I'm not talking about this with you right now."

I started to close the door but he stuck his converse clad foot between the door and the wood, preventing me from closing it.

"Luke." I said quietly, looking up at him.

"What?" he asked, leaning down to look at me. "What, Bell?"

"Why are you here?" I whispered to him.

"I came to see you, why else would I be here, huh?" he rolled his eyes. "I thought we could hang out or something but I see you've already replaced me."

"Replaced you?" I scoffed. "How much did you drink?"

"Enough to see right through this relationship you have," he spoke loudly. "I'm not stupid. You think you actually love him?"

"Be quiet," I said harshly. "Go home, Luke."

"This used to be my home." He said to me.

"Used to be," I said, pulling the door closer to me. "Now will you leave?"

"Why are you being so quiet?" Luke asked, moving closer to me. "Oh, he's here isn't he?"

"Luke." I warned him.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna wake up your fuck buddy," he rolled his eyes. "It's just funny that you just fucked him but you're still wearing my shirt."

I looked down at my torso, finding that I was, in fact, wearing his shirt. "Only by default."

"What does that even mean?" he scoffed. "Oh, come on, you know he's got nothing on me when it comes to your body, baby."

I stepped outside and closed the door behind me, my chest pressing against his. "Luke, you need to go home."

"I came home to see everyone, but to see you," he chuckled, taking a step back. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about you, I hate feeling like you've found someone to replace me-"

"Oh, shut up with that," I rolled my eyes. "Harry's not replacing you, Luke, no one could replace you. He's just my new boyfriend, he's not replacing you."

"Yes, he is," he scoffed. "Michael invited him over for Fifa matches, out for drinks, everything we used to do together."

"What do you expect?" I said to him. "You leave and you expect the whole world to stop for you? That's not how that works. You leave and life still goes on. I'm not going to sit around and save myself for you while you're putting it down every weekend."

"Oh, Calum told you that?" Luke chuckled. "Of course he did, the boys are all on your side."

"Side? There is no sides here, Lucas," I said harshly. "Our breakup was fucking mutual but if you want to point fingers, you're the one who left."

He suddenly leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. My eyes widened at the feeling of his lips pressed against mine. The lips I've missed so much.

I quickly pushed him back before I could melt into those damn lips, his back hitting the wall across from the door.

I ran a hand through my hair as he slide down the wall, caressing his face. 

"Luke, you need to go home," I said to him. "This isn't your home anymore."

I went back into my apartment and closed the door, leaving him sitting alone outside.