O N E

«Toucher du Mal»

*WARNING: Mentions of rape.*

     Clemintine wiped the remaining sleep from her blue iris' as she was softly shook back into reality. The passenger beside her smiled kindly. "We've made it." Clemintine returned the friendly smile to the man she knew as Dewey who was visiting his wife, Gail that was attending a journalism conference being held by Riverdale's own Hal and Alice Cooper.

Dewey and Clemintine said their goodbyes before exiting the plane. Due to her parents busy schedules, the teen would have to be picked up by her Aunt. She had tried her best to persuade her parents into letting her brother take a day off to pick the younger girl up from the airport. But her parents were persistent on not crushing her star student of a brother's attendance record.

After retrieving her bags, Clemintine made her way to the front of the airport where a very impatient Alice Cooper waited. "Hey." Clemintine released her bags long enough to hug her Aunt.

Alice opened the trunk to her car and helped her niece put her large suitcases inside. "You've grown up." Alice gave the shorter blonde a once over. "It suits you."

The two fell into a comfortable silence. Once they had reached the sign that welcomed them to the town of pep, a conversation began again. "How was New York?" Alice glanced at the teenager. "Did you make any friends?"

No. "It was fun. The people there are nice." False. There were plenty of kind people in New York, except many of them were not kind to Clemintine. She was more than glad to be home.

"How was school?" Alice refused to let the car fall back into silence.

"Fine. Nothing like Riverdale though." Every night in New York, Clemintine wished she could be back in Riverdale with the people who she loved. She wished she could sit back in a booth at Pop's with Jughead as he typed away on his laptop while she rambled about the most random things. She wished to be back in the same house as her protective brother and law enforcement father. All she wanted was to go back to the days where she sat with Jughead and Joaquin inside that old projection room. She wished she never left. Those dreams were crushed when Jughead had texted her the news of the Drive-in closing. It was even worse when Joaquin told her to delete his number, his only explanation being that the less who know, the better. And just like that, she lost her best friend along with her favorite memories in the blink of an eye.

By the time that the Cooper car pulled into the Bartholdy drive way, school had been let out and she was now waiting for the all too familiar ding of her phone with a message from Reggie, which he sent daily.

Once again, Alice opened the trunk of her car and again helped with the suitcases. Clemintine opened the front door to her large home, using the key that she hadn't touched in a little over a year. The room was soon brought to life as many people sprung from their hiding places to surprise the girl with a welcome home, Riverdale style. Alice smiled as she shut the front door behind the pair, then proceeded upstairs with the suitcases. Almost all of Riverdale had shown to see the young student, who seemed to be friends with everyone.

Archie Andrews was the first to approach her. He had missed the girls friendly hugs. They were one of a kind that no one else could produce. "Look at you." Clemintine looked the ginger up and down as she spoke. It was a nice change from the thin boy she remembered. "You look amazing."

"So do you." Archie's grin almost reached his ears. "I want you to meet someone. I'll be right back." Archie disappeared into the crowd, being replaced by none other than Reggie Mantle.