After Work

Courtney:

After everyone except me and Shayne has left I walk up to him.

"Hey Shayne you ready?" I ask him

"Yeah what is it you needed help with?" He asks.

"I'm working on a video for my solo channel and I needed someone to hold the camera because my arms get tired" I say sheepishly

"Dang Courtney so I'm just the muscle?" Shayne jokes

A good looking piece of muscle at that I think to myself. The real reason I asked him for help was because I was planning on telling him how I feel about him today. Getting him to help was just a ploy.

"Looks like it, better put those frog legs arms to use" I say half laughing.

"I'm highly offended" He jokes again.

~Time Skip~

"Thanks for helping me with my video today Shayne" I say while eyeing him.

"No problem" he says.

"I ordered some food if you want to stay and eat with me before you go" I tell him.

"I should be getting back home, but I could never turn down free food" he says smiling. 

A little later...

"Here you go" The pizza delivery guy says while giving me the pizza.

After paying and leaving him a tip, I take the pizza back up to the office for Shayne and I.

"The pizza has arrived Mr. Topp" I say

"I knew I smelled something good" he says.

After a couple slices in and a nice conversation about life between the two of us, I finally think I have the courage to tell him how I feel.

"Shayne" I say

"Yeah" He responds after he finishes chewing on his pizza.

"Can I tell you something?" I ask with my cheeks flushing a little bit.

"Sure" he says.

"I think I may-" just as I'm about to reveal my feelings his phone rings.

"Sorry about that, go on" He says while his phone still rings.

"You should probably get that" I say feeling a little embarrassed that the moment was ruined.

"You sure?" He asks

"Yeah what I have to say can wait" I say back to him.

"Ok, if you're sure" he says

I see him answer the phone and say hello. Suddenly his face changes from stagnant to worrisome before saying "Yeah I'll be right there".

"Is everything alright?" I ask him.

"That was Olivia, Sam just broke up with her" he says.

"Oh no! Is she okay?" I ask

"She sounded sad but I hope she'll be alright" He says while getting up

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"Sam was kinda her ride to the theatre, so she asked if I could pick her up and drop her off at home." He says

"Oh what was that you were going to tell me before I leave?" He asks

"Never mind, it's not important right now" I say glumly.

"Ok, well I had fun hanging with you today" he says while smiling before walking out the door.

Ugh I was this close to finally telling  him and we get interrupted at the worst time.