The Beach Pt. 2

Courtney:

I see Shayne and Olivia walk onto the beach. I wave them over and say hi.

"Hi guys, how was the walk?" I ask

"Pretty good Olivia and I talked about sketch ideas and life in general" Shayne said while Olivia just looked away.

"Oh cool" I say with a hint of jealousy.

"Ready to go in the water?" Shayne asks as we take off our clothes except for our swimsuits.

I look and see Olivia is wearing one of her favorite bikini's.

"Wow Olivia trying to impress someone?" I say

"Umm not really.. it's just my favorite bikini" Olivia says looking down.

"Oh hmph, well never mind then" I say.

We all start to put on sunscreen except for Olivia who pulls out some tanning oil.

"I think I'm going to try to work on my tan while you guys swim and I'll get in later" She says.

"Ok" Shayne says as I finish putting on sunscreen.

I start to walk to the water when I hear Olivia ask Shayne something.

"Shayne can you help me get the oil on my back?" She asks him.

"Uh sure no problem" he says and walks over to her.

"I'll be there in a second Courtney" Shayne says.

"Ok" I say while giving Olivia a quick  angry look.

After a while Shayne joins me in the ocean water.

"So how's life?" He asks.

"It's alright" I say.

"I'm kinda in a predicament though" I tell him.

"Oh? What's up?" He asks.

"Well there's this guy I like but one of my friends also likes him. What should I do?" I ask him.

"Hmmm well if it was me and my friend I would probably either tell the person my feelings or talk it over with my friend and decide what to do" he says.

"Thanks Shayne" I say with a smile.

"No problem" He says.

"That reminds me I was going to tell you something that night before you left" I say.

"Oh yeah" He says.

"What did you want to tell me?" He asks.

"I was going to say that i-" I start to say before Olivia swims up behind us and interrupts us.

"Hey guys!" Olivia says smiling.

"Hey Olivia" Shayne says.

".. Hey Olivia" I say glumly.

"Anyways you were saying Court?" Shayne asks.

"Uhhhh umm was going to say that I really appreciate your help on my solo video" I stutter out.

"No problem, I always help my friends out, that's what friends are for" He says.

"Yeah" I reply.

"So you guys wanna swim to the sandbar?" Olivia asks.

"No thanks" I say expecting Shayne to say the same thing.

"Sure I'll go" Shayne says.

What? I think to myself. Why would he want to hang with Olivia instead of me? Ugh that bitch.

"I'll be back with our stuff on the sand" I say as I start to swim away.

"Alright we'll be back in a few" Shayne says.

"Bye" Olivia says coldly.

Olivia:

We swing to the sandbar and sit down and hang out for a few minutes on it.

"So how's your life going after Sam?" Shayne asks cautiously.

"I guess I've moved on, I think I found someone new who's worth my time" I tell him.

"That's nice" He says.

"I wish I could find someone like you and Courtney, I guess I just haven't had the best luck" he says looking down.

"Aww don't worry Shayne there's someone out there just waiting for you to be with them" I say

For some reason I'm feeling brave. I give him a quick peck on the cheek. Omg! What did I just do? Why did I do that? I think to myself.

"What was that for?" Shayne asks smiling

"Uhh.. good luck" I say.

"Well Thanks Olivia, hopefully the girl I meet in the future won't mind though" he says laughing.

"Yeah haha" I awkwardly laugh.

"Well we should be getting back, I bet Courtney is waiting on us" Shayne says.

"Yeah ok" I say as we start to swim back to shore.

Shayne:

Olivia and I meet back up with Courtney on the sand. After laying in the sun for a bit we decide to head home.

"I'll see you tomorrow at work Courtney" I say.

"You too Shayne" she says while waving bye before walking to her car.

"Ready?" Olivia asks me.

"Yeah let's go" I say in agreement.

We start walking back to her apartment after we get dressed. We take the elevator back up to her apartment. She unlocks the door and goes to her room to change while I go to the bathroom to change. After I finish changing I see Olivia in the living room.

"Thanks for inviting me today Olivia" I say.

"Well I had fun Shayne, thanks for coming to the beach with me" She says.

"No problem, I'm always down to hang" I say.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow, bye Shayne" She says

"Uhh Olivia?" I say

"Yeah Shayne?"she replies

"You kinda drove me here, my car is still at the office" I say

"Oh shoot I forgot" she says embarrassed.

"Well I'm kinda tired and it's late, do you wanna um just stay here and I'll drop you off at the office early tomorrow morning?" She asks

"Uhh sure" I say.

"Cool, I'll order some food if that's ok and we can just chill for the night?" She says

"Yeah I guess that's fine with me" I say as I sit down on the couch.

"You wanna watch T.V. with me?" She asks.

"Sure what did you have in mind?" I ask

"I love watching chopped" Shes says

"Oh I know that show, its one of my favorites too" I say.

"Oh, cool!" She says as she sits down next to me.

We started watching T.V. while waiting for the food she ordered to arrive.