Under The Stars

Olivia:

I was on my way down to sit by the water outside and look at the stars. I heard the elevator beep that I was on the ground floor. I was all ready to go outside when the elevator doors opened and Shayne was on the other side.

"Hey" he said awkwardly.

"Hey" I said awkwardly.

Ever since we had our talk we've said the occasional hi to each other in the hallways but have mostly stayed to ourselves trying to work on ourselves again. The past 2 weeks have been so weird not being able to see each other.

"So.... What are you up to?" Shayne asks.

"I uh... Was going to sit by the pool and look at the stars" I confess.

"Oh that's nice, I uh.. I better get going" he says and starts to walk away.

I'm about to let him go when I change my mind.

"Shayne wait" I call after him.

"Huh?" He says.

"Do you maybe... Want to join me?" I ask.

He stands and thinks about it for a moment.

"Why not I guess" he says.

"Cool" I say smiling.

"Say I found a park that has a better view of the sky" he says.

"Do you want to go with me there instead?" He asks.

"Sure" I reply.

We walk out of the elevator and outside the hotel. It's a short 5 min walk before we reach the park. We sit down on a bench in the middle of the park. We sit in silence just looking up at the constellations for a while.

"My neck kinda hurts, do you wanna lay on the grass?" I ask.

"Sure" he says.

We get up and walk over to a good and somewhat cleam looking section of grass. We lay down next to each other leaving space in between us.
After a while I start to get cold. I decide to move and huddle up closer to him.

"Trying to steal some of your body heat" I playfully say.

"Haha it's ok" he says.

We just stay there, laying looking up at the beautiful stars are night. All of a sudden I feel his hand snake into mine and intertwine our fingers giving my hand a squeeze. I look over at him and he turns and looks at me.

"Olivia" he says.

"Shayne" I reply.

"I love you Olivia Sui" he says.

"I love you Shayne Topp" I reply.

We just layed there for some more time looking in into each other's eyes. After that we looked back up at the stars.

"They're beautiful" I say.

"She sure is" I hear him say.

"What?" I say.

"I said uh.. they are beautiful" he says blushing.

I don't say anything in response I just squeeze his hand and then stroke it with my fingers. We stay there looking at the night sky for a while before heading back to the hotel. Once we get inside we take the elevator up to our floor.

"Goodnight Olivia" He says.

"Goodnight" I say.

We hug and go to our separate rooms. That night I fell asleep feeling really good.