Take Care

Shayne:

I pull up outside the theatre in my car where Olivia said she was. I park the car before getting out and looking for her. I finally see her sitting on the curb with her face in her hands. I walk up and sit down next to her. I put my hand on her shoulder.

"You ok?" I ask her while squeezing her shoulder.

She looks up at me and I can see she has been crying for a while.

"I just don't understand, we we're doing so well" she says while choking up.

"Sometimes things aren't meant to be I guess" I tell her.

She doesn't say anything after that, she just squeezes my hand that's on her shoulder. After a little while of sitting on the curb I ask her if she is ready to go.

"Yeah" She quietly says while looking down at the ground.

We get in my car and I start driving to her apartment. After a while of silence I look over and see she has fallen asleep in the seat next to me.

A little later...

I pull up in front of her apartment complex. I gently nudge Olivia awake.

"Olivia we're here" I say softly.

She shifts in the seat waking up with a stir.

"Shayne?" She asks

"Yes Olivia?" I say

"Can you walk me to my apartment?" She asks quietly.

"Sure" I say while giving her a reassuring look.

We unbuckle and get out the car walking inside towards the elevator and take it up to her floor. Once we arrive on her floor I walk her to her door and get ready to say goodbye.

"Goodbye Olivia, I-" I start to say before she cuts me off.

She pulls me into a long hug burying her face in my chest. We stood in the hallway just hugging for a while. After what seemed like forever I let her go.

"Take care Olivia, I hope you feel better soon" I say

"Thank you Shayne" she says

I wave goodbye while turning around and walking towards the elevator.

Olivia:

After saying goodbye to Shayne. I unlock my apartment door and let myself in. I walk inside and go to my kitchen looking for something to drink. I find some wine and pour myself a big glass. I sit down on my couch in the living room with my glass of wine and turn on my T.V. to the Food Network, one of my favorite channels. After a while I slowly start to doze off to sleep hoping for a peaceful dream.