19 - Sam

This part is dedicated to weirdenuff4u.  Thanks for the lovely comments and votes :) 

Song on the side helped me write this chapter and it's so what Sam's thinking!

I seem to be the only one to remember that Tanya had said she'd be dropping in this evening.  I'd browsed the internet for a bit, searching Sketch to see if anyone was remotely interested in us, but apart from a few fan sites that I already know about there's nothing new.  I'd been unsuccessfully plotting new song lyrics when I'd spotted the time.  Tanya always seemed to turn up on the hour, so I shut down my laptop and made my way to the kitchen to flick the kettle on.  I'd only heard the end part of Emmy's phone conversation, but my heart had thudded when she'd called me a jerk.  Okay, I am being an ass around her, but it's not like I mean it.  It's all a test.

Emmy actually recoils into herself at my glare, hugging her knees to her chest, her mobile forgotten in her hand.  I wonder how pissed I actually look before I remember that Tanya's standing in front of me.

"Hi, Sam," she says, missing my glare as she hangs up her jacket and bag.  "I would have been over earlier but I had some things to sort out regarding Michelle."

My jaw tightens and I glance at Emmy, who seems to have taken an interest in checking her hair for split ends.  I smirk behind my hands as I stretch out my back, shrugging at Tanya.

"No bother.  Ollie and Vince must be in their room."

Tanya looks to Emmy for a moment before lowering her voice.  "And how is that working out?"

"They haven't killed each other yet," I reply.  "But then Vince hasn't had a chance to bring a girl home."

Tanya rolls her eyes.  She knows how much of a man-whore Vince can be.  "I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it then."

I smile.  "I'll let the guys know you're here."

I don't look to the sofas as I cross the room, heading for the door with the 'do not disturb' sign hanging from the handle.  Vince is such a dick.  I don't bother knocking and the door opens to reveal Vince on his phone, which isn't a surprise.  The smell of body spray hits me as I search the cluttered room, which now houses two beds as well as a wardrobe, dresser, flat screen TV and a floor-drobe.   Ollie's sitting on his bean bag, which is one of the only things Vince allowed him to move into their room, reading a comic book. 

He looks up at me, lowering his book.  "Yeah?"

"No, you cannot chill with us," Vince says, his eyes still on the screen of his phone.  "I'm not having you bitching around with your sulky face and 'I hate girls' glare."

I frown as I step into the room, nudging into his dresser and smiling when I knock a few bottles of deodorant to the floor.

"Well done," Vince says with a sigh.

I shrug.  "Tanya's here."

Ollie gets up straight away but I have to practically drag Vince into the lounge.  Tanya's sitting next to Emmy when we reach them.  I notice that Tanya's made Emmy a drink too.  She's staring into it like her life depends on it and I wonder if she's thinking about her overheard conversation.  I want to know who she'd been talking to but I can't ask without coming off as interested, which is off limits, seeing as I'm ignoring her. 

Five minutes later, after everyone's grabbed snacks and drinks, we're all seated on the sofas.  Vince is eating a huge slice of cake and Tanya rolls her eyes at him.  She's more of a mother figure to all of us than our band manager.  She treats us all like her kids, hence the disapproving tut as Vince scoffs his face.