Love Isnt Always Fair

"T-the police station?!" I sighed and turned around.

"Yes Avia."

"Why?!" I looked over at Charles and he motioned for us to get out and I nodded. I got out of the car and helped Avia out. She held my hand tight as we walked in. Chalres walked over to the desk. We agreed that we would tell the police about the abuse. No one should ever go through that. Especially a little girl like Avia. Charles walked back over and picked Avia up. Putting her on his lap. She curled up into his chest and he held my hand.

A cop came over to us and brought us to an office. I sat down with Avia on my lap. They started asking us questions. So many damn questions. I mean like sure its normal. But damn.

"Evidence?" Fuck. I looked down at Avia and her eyes were watering. She stood up, took her jacket off, and held her arms out. They were worse than I thought. She had about 8 on each arm.

"Addi." I looked at her and held her hand.

"They hit me. Us. When they told us about going back 2 weeks earlier."

"There are more than one?" I looked at the chief and nodded. He wrote something down and closed his notepad.

"Thank you. We will call you when we figure out what we want to do. Can I have your numbers?" I nodded and me and Charles gave him our numbers.

"Thank you sir. Umm quick question. What about the other kids?"

"Get them away. Keep them away from the parents. I still dont see why parents would hit their children."

"Neither do I sir. Thank you again." He nodded and I carried Avia out. We got to the car and I put Avia in the back. She fell asleep so I talked to Char.

"What are we going to do about the others?" I whispered. He sighed and grabbed my hand. I looked over for a second before looking back at the road.

"We'll get everyone to help. We just need to get them to safety." I nodded and he kissed my hand. Once we got home I carried Avia to my room and Charles called everyone up. Except for Shay and Colette of course.(Just saying buy I have NOTHING against Shay and Colette. I just...Yea. Don't think of me as a fucked up person cause I'm not. 'Well...' Neither are they! 'True.') They a sat on my bed and I had Avia sit on Char's lap.

"Guys..." I looked over at Charles and he nodded. I took a deep breath.

"We need to get the kids away from Shay and Colette." Everyone gasped and Jesse stood up and walked over to me.

"Why do you say that?!" I looked down and sighed.

"Avia...can you...?" I looked over at her and she nodded. She stood up and took her jacket off. She held her arms out in front of her. Jeana gasped and walked over to her.

"Im so sorry!" Avia hugged her and cried into her shoulder. I looked over at Travis and he looked like he'd just seen a ghost. I walked over to him and hugged him. He hesitated before hugging me back. He squeezed my wrists and I winced. 'Fuck!!'

"Addi let me see your wrists." I shook my head. 'Fuck fuck fuck'

"Do you still...?"