Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

"Alright sweetheart, we'll see you soon, ok?" mom said as she hugged me.

I didn't bother saying anything in response or even move to hug her back, as I was being forced to leave against my will. She let me go and dad looked to me. He was clearly disapproving of something, but he hadn't said anything yet.

"I can't believe you're doing this to me," I said quietly, just able to be heard over the sounds of the airport.

Dad shook his head in annoyance.

"Don't be like that," he scolded, making me glare at him. "Just grow up for once. And take those stupid piercings out while you're at it. You have to grow up, and that's not helping you in any way."

I kept the glare.

"Ok, fine," I said. "You want me to grow up? Fine. Have it your way dad."

Him and mom both watched me as I took out my lip and nose ring, followed by my earring I had. I looked to dad.

"You're right," I said, making him frown a bit. "They did look stupid. Have a safe fucking trip home."

***

Tara frowned and looked over as I walked past her.

"Andy?" she said.

I just kept going, heading down the hallway and to Connor's room. I practically threw my things down and laid face down on my bed, burying my face in the pillow. I felt someone sit down on the bed, and I was pretty sure it was Tara.

"Andy, talk to me," she said. "What's happened?"

"Nothing; go away," I said, my voice muffled by the pillow.

Tara sighed. "Please? Just tell me what happened and I'll leave you alone?"

I turned my head to the side and looked at her. She frowned.

"Where're your...?" she gestured to where I normally had my piercings.

I hadn't bothered putting any of them back in, as I was still rather miserable and just felt like dad was right.

"I took them out," I said. I buried my face in the pillow again. "They looked stupid anyway."

Tara sighed. "Who said that?"

"Does it matter? They're right."

"Andy, please just put your piercings back in and come talk to me," Tara said, moving from the bed and heading out.

I sighed and turned over to lie on my back. I stared at the ceiling for good five or so minutes before I got up and headed to the bathroom so I could see what I was doing. Connor appeared in the doorway, and I saw him watching what I was doing.

"Can I help you there Connor?" I asked as I turned my focus back to putting my nose ring in.

"Just wondering why you're home so soon," he said, a bit of a concerned look on his face.

"Does it really matter?" I asked, putting my lip ring in and making sure it was right.

I turned to look at him as I put my earring back in, and I saw him look me up and down briefly. He just walked off without a word and I shook my head and sighed, heading out to the kitchen where Tara was. She looked up as I sat down at the table, just feeling really miserable and unwanted.

"You wanna tell me what's happened and why you're home so early?" she asked.

"Why'd you wanna know?" I asked miserably, just looking at the table as I leant my head on my hand. "You don't want em 'round either?"