Chapter 22

Chapter 22:

"Come on Andy, you need to get up or you'll be late."

I just groaned in response and buried my face in the pillow, Juliet cuddling up to me a bit more as my aunt tried to get me out of bed.

"It's too early."

I heard her sigh.

"Seriously Andy," she said. "I know it's early, but you can't be late. You've got ten minutes to be up and ready to go."

I heard her leave and I sighed, turning over and trying to wake up a bit more. Why'd people always make early appointments for things? Did they seriously think I was going to be in the mood to talk to the psychiatrist at eight-thirty in the morning?

The doctor back at the hospital had said that I was gonna have to continue seeing the psychiatrist for a few weeks, just to make sure everything was all good. If it was, I'd be able to just get on with my life and not have to worry about speaking to anyone about the problems I had.

Juliet looked at me tiredly.

"I don't wanna get up," I said. "It's too early. Only crazy people are awake this early."

She gave me a smile and sat up a bit more, clearly rather tired. Connor was still fast asleep over the other side of the room, and I wondered how he could sleep through some things. That kid could probably sleep through an earthquake or something.

"Guess I've gotta get up to let you get outta bed," Juliet said with a bit of a sigh.

I looked at her and shrugged, a bit of a smile on my face.

"I'm sure I could go over you," I said with amusement.

Juliet smiled back and moved so she was sitting on the edge of the bed. I sighed, knowing that there was no excuse now for me to stay in bed. I sat up and moved so I was sitting next to her, Juliet just watching me.

"Alright," I said, finally having the energy to actually get up. "I guess I'll catcha whenever I get back. Don't go doing anything while I'm gone."

Juliet smiled in amusement and stood up, standing just in front of me. She put her hands on either side of my face and kissed me, making me slip my arms around her waist and pull her a bit closer. Juliet broke away and looked me up and down.

"I think you should go get changed into something decent," she said quietly, making me smile in amusement.

"Why? I thought you preferred it when I don't wear a shirt."

Juliet hit me playfully and I laughed, removing my arms from her waist and letting her go.

"Alright, whatever then," I said, going through my things and just taking the first things I found, which was what I usually did. I looked back to Juliet who was sitting on the edge of the bed again. "I'll be back later, ok?"

Juliet just nodded and I headed out to the bathroom to get changed. I sighed. It was just too early for this.

***

Vic's Point of View:

"So what can I do for you Ashley?" I asked, sitting down opposite him at the table. "And why're you here so early? It's not even nine yet."

"You're lucky Vic was even awake," Mike put in, making me shoot him a quick glare. "Jinxx isn't even up yet."

Ashley just nodded and looked to me, clearly thinking about something.

I shifted my position and looked at him questioningly.

"You've got something on ya mind," I stated, Ashley just continuing to think. "That why you're here?"