Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

Mike's Point of View:

Vic shifted his weight again, clearly becoming impatient. Jinxx didn't bother glancing up from his book as Vic kept shifting his weight. I sighed.

"What's wrong Vic?"

"He's late," he said with an annoyed expression on his face, looking both ways down the street and shaking his head. "He said twenty."

I sighed again and shook my head.

"He said about twenty minutes man," I said as Vic kept looking annoyed. "C'mon man, stop being like that."

Vic just shot me a glare and shifted his weigh once more. I just shook my head again and tried to ignore my brother as he got more impatient.

"Hey guys!" we heard from just down the street.

Ashley gave us a wave, Vic and I waving back, Jinxx still reading. Ashley came to a halt near Jinxx and Vic looked at him in annoyance.

"You're late."

"I said about ten to twenty."

I looked to Vic. "See? Told 'cha."

Vic just muttered something to himself and Ashley looked between the three of us.

"So we all good?" he asked, slowly edging back the way he came from.

I nodded and started following, Vic catching up and walking alongside me as I walked next to Ashley, Jinxx just trailing along behind, still reading.

"So how's he doing?" I asked as I put my hands in my pockets, really glad it was a warm day.

It'd been pretty miserable weather for a few weeks back home, and having a warm day felt great. It was great not having to wear a jacket, and this was the first time in ages I'd seen Vic without his hoodie or jeans, as he was wearing shorts and a loose singlet. He clearly wasn't worried about his secret at the moment, as his wrists were exposed except for the bracelets he wore, which hid some of the marks.

Ashley shrugged. "Alright I guess. Still gettin' sick after eating, but getting there slowly. Should be able to go home by 'bout next week or so."

I nodded.

"At least he's doing better," I said, Ashley nodding in agreement.

Vic seemed to have a bit of a spring in his step as he walked alongside me today. Maybe he felt good being outta the house for a while or something. He had his snapback forwards today, sunglasses on and a bit of a smile on his face. I smiled and he looked to me.

"Just feels good being outta the house and somewhere not cold," he said with a laugh, confirming my suspicions.

"Yeah man, it's fucking great here," Ashley said, glancing at him as we turned down one of the streets, passing a few people. "Been great weather since I've been here, even if I haven't been outside to enjoy it."

"Been with Andy the whole time?" Vic asked.

Ashley nodded.

"Yeah," he said with a bit of a sigh. "Feel bad goin' and leavin' 'im, y'know? He's got Juliet and a couple people at the moment, so I guess I don't feel as bad. Juliet doesn't stay overnight though, so he gets stuck with me after 'bout four, maybe five o'clock. Gives him someone to talk to though."

Vic and I both nodded and we continued the walk, just talking about whatever came to our heads.

***