Two

"Sky," I heard as I slowly open my eyes. "Skylar."

Ow, what the hell did those guards do? I looked around to find myself in an unfamiliar room. Well, it's still unfamiliar to me since everything is still a bit blurry. I looked towards my left as my vision became clear to see Vince strapped to a chair.

"Vince?" I whispered.

I heard him sigh in relief. "Thank, god. They've got you good."

I finally got a good look at him. "Looking good, Vince."

He smirked. "Thanks, same to you." There was a small jolt that had a few people screaming. I looked around the drop ship, finally knowing what it is, to see more people strapped in their seats like I am.

"What the hell did I miss?" I asked.

Vince pursed his lips. "Well, while you were out, the guards took 100 prisoners here to be sent to the ground." The ground. No, it's too early for that. We still had like, what, 3 more years left. "Shocking, I know. And by my guess, we just hit the atmosphere."

I groaned as I leaned my head back. "What the hell are you doing here, Vince?"

"Let's see...since our departure two years ago, I got into the life of crime," he started joking. "I stole. Gambled with a few guards. One got pissed when he thought I cheated and," he motioned to his seat, "here I am."

"How long have you been in the sky box?"

"Six months."

Six months! Are you kidding me? I was about to tell him off for before the TV turned on and Chancellor Jaha appeared on the screen. I couldn't help but glare at him. My mother, my only parent, got floated under his orders.

"Prisoners of the Ark, hear me now," he stared. "You have been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable." In other words, we're his guinea pigs. He's sending us on the ground to die. Great.

Vince tilted his head back. "Your dad is a dick, Wells!" I nudged him. Wells' dad is a dick, but he isn't. Wells is like a chihuahua in a pack full of wolves. Vince chuckled before smiling at me. "What? I was kidding...partly."

I ignored the rest of the video message. It's mostly about our impending deaths anyway. Sure, we'll be pardon of our crime and our records are going to be wipe clean, but we're going to be dead.

"What's Wells doing here?" I asked.

Vince shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe he finally wanted to admit his undying love to Clarke."

I rolled my eyes. "Like that's going to happen."

"The drop site has been chosen carefully," I tuned back in to the message. "Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within a mountain. It was to be stocked with enough nonperishables to sustain 300 people for up to two years."

"Spacewalk bandit strikes again," I heard someone say. I looked around the room to see one of the guys out of his seat, floating.

"Woo! Go, Finn," some chick cheered.

"Moron," I mumbled.

I heard about Finn. He's the idiot that spend a month supply of oxygen on a stupid spacewalk. I heard a few more cheers and looked around to see two more idiots unstrapping themselves, Clarke telling them to stay in their seats. I haven't really gotten to know Clarke as much. We would see each other in the hallway when she use to be friends with Wells, before she hated his guts. Again, thin walls.