Twenty

Each minute the group didn't find Octavia, the more nervous Skylar got. After the blood founded in the cave created a bunch of scenarios in Skylar's head. The Grounder could have knocked Octavia out or put a spear through her. Even worse. They could have killed her. The girl shook her head to get rid of those horrible thoughts.

Octavia is alive. I know it. Skylar thought differently. If she thinks positively then they'll find her.

The group stopped when they heard a small horn being blown in the distance. Bellamy held his torch up to see a graveyard. It might as well be. Skeletons were pinned to trees. One had a spear on its chest lodged to the ground. Vince looked around the place in horror as the horn kept blowing.

"I don't speak Grounder..." Finn started, "but I'm pretty sure this means keep out."

People started getting scared as they looked around the graveyard.

"Let's get out of there. It's crazy," one guy said.

Another guy nodded his head. "I'm outta here." The rest of the group started to agree. They don't want to search for someone if it means their possible deaths.

"Go back if you want," Bellamy said. "My sister, my responsibility."

Then he went on. Skylar and Vince looked at each other.

"If you want to go back, it's ok," Skylar said.

Vince shook his head. "Your worries are my worries."

Another thing the duo agreed on not that long ago. Skylar's problems become Vince's problems. Vince worries, Skylar worries, and vice versa. They followed Bellamy. They knew the risk. They know they could die, but they're both ok as long as Octavia is.

A few moments later, Jasper followed the trio. Octavia helped him when he was stabbed, now it's his turn to help her. Finn looked at the group leaving before following the others.

》》》》

Left and right, high and low. There was no sign of Octavia anywhere. It was morning and the group was coming to a dead end when the footprints couldn't be seen. The group scattered, but stayed close together, as they tried to find any leads.

Finn sighed in defeat, "I got nothing. We lost the trail." Bellamy grew more irritated. As time passed the more angrier he got.

"Keep looking," Bellamy snapped.

John walked a few paces away from Skylar and Vince. A twig was snapped as a Grounder leaped from the tree and grabbed him. John's mouth was covered as the Grounder pulled him back up and hid in the tree.

"Wandering around aimlessly isn't the way to find your sister," Finn pointed out as he grew more annoyed with Bellamy. And this was getting nowhere for the group. "We should backtrack..."

"I'm not going back," Bellamy argued. One of the girls looked around and noticed John was missing.

"Hey, where's John?" she asked.

The group turned around and John wasn't around. Vince gave Skylar a confused look. "I thought he was with you."

Skylar shook her head. "No, I thought was with you."

"Spread out. He couldn't have gotten that far," Bellamy ordered.

There was a sound of twig snapping before a loud thump was heard behind them. Skylar's eyes widened when it was John's body, his neck slit. Finn and Bellamy ran over.

"They use the trees," Vince said. He looked up and around as he pulled Skylar close to him. "Stay near me."

"We shouldn't have crossed the boundary," one guy said.