Five

After a good night's rest, Skylar and the group trekked for Mount Weather. The only obstacle in the way was the small cliff from one end of the woods to the other. Over the body of water and after yesterday's surprise, they didn't want to risk it. Finn thought they should use a vine to swing across. They agreed, but he was stalling to be the first to go.

"You wanted to go first. Now quit stalling," Clarke said. "Mount Weather awaits."

Jasper leaned closer to Finn. "Just hang on till the apogee, and you'll be fine."

Finn let out a small chuckle as he 'tested' the vines again. "The apogee like the Indians, tight?"

Skylar crossed her arms, bored with the stalling. "It's Apache, idiot. Now get a move on, unless you're scared."

Finn scoffed. "I'm not scared."

"Then prove it," Clarke said.

Finn gave her a mock salute. "Aye, aye, Captain." He looked at Jasper. "See you on the other side."

Jasper's gaze never left Octavia's. He suddenly thought of this bright idea that might get her attention, so he placed his arm in front of Finn to stop him.

"Wait."

"What?"

"Let me. I can do it."

Finn followed his gaze to Octavia. He nodded in understanding before handing Jasper the vines.

"Knew there was a badass in there somewhere," he said. Jasper let out a nervous chuckle. He looked at Octavia one last time before tugging on the vine. Finn noticed Jasper's nervousness and patted his back. "Hey, it's ok to be afraid, Jasper. The trick is not fighting it."

Jasper let out a deep breath before smiling at the group. "See you on the other side. Ha ha!"

Then he took off. Jasper held on to the vine as he swung from the lake. The rush of adrenaline hits him and he started cheering. When he was close, he lets go of the vine. From the way things were looking, it seemed like he was going to hit the pile of branches, but he made it. Nothing happening. Not a single scratch.

Clarke, Skylar, Octavia, and Monty ran over to Finn. They were looking at Jasper as he looked around in excitement.

Jasper stood up and raised his arms in victory. "We are apogee!"

The rest of the group copied his movements and cheered. Skylar clapped before wrapping her arm around Octavia and pointing at the goggle wearing boy.

"That's how it's done!" She shouted. Everyone kept their own cheer,

"Whoo!"

"Yeah!"

"Yes!

"You did it, Jasper!" Clarke applaud. Jasper kept laughing as he jumped around. Finn soon realized it was safe to swing across and handed the vine to Clarke.

"Let's go, princess," he told her. "You're up."

Skylar pointed towards the other side. "Come on, vaminos!"

Jasper cupped his mouth. "Come on, Clarke, you got this! Whoo! Apogee!" Jasper took a few steps back to give Clarke room, but something caught the corner of his eye. He followed it and spotted a small sign. A huge grin spread across his face as he grabbed it. "We did it!" He held up the sign for all of them to see. "Mount Weather! Whoo! Whoo!"

The group kept cheering again, not noticing their special guest. Skylar heard something flew by her. With a quick whoosh, a spear came out of the trees and impaled Jasper in the chest as it lodge him to the tree. Skylar screamed as she covered her mouth.