Eight

Skylar can't believe that she agreed to hunt with Bellamy. He's been near her throughout the forest and it's getting on her nerves. The only reassuring thing is that Vince wasn't that far to pull her away from him. For the past hour and a half, they've been chasing around a boar. Vince was right, it was better to surround it. They were doing that now. Bellamy, Vince, and some guy at the boars front while Atom, two other guys, and Skylar were behind it. Vince was about to throw his knife, but Bellamy stopped him.

He held his hand out and whispered, "Shh-shh. Shh-shh. She's mine."

Vince mentally rolled his eyes. He knew this was another one of Bellamy's tricks to try to impress Sky. Bellamy was about to throw his ax, but a twig snapped behind them. Bellamy spun around and threw the ax towards the tree. It lodged itself perfectly, but the intruder wasn't an intruder. It was a girl from the camp. The sound alerted the boar, so it skedaddled.

"Get him," the man yelled. He and the other two ran after the boar. Skylar practically glared at the little girl before making her way towards her.

"What the hell did you think you're doing?" She asked. More like scolded. "You could have been killed!"

Vince pulled Skylar back before she could give the girl more scolding. Yes, she did ruin the hunt, but she's still a little kid. For once, Bellamy was glad Vince pulled her away.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked the girl.

"Charlotte," she answered.

Skylar gave her another look. "Well, Charlotte, do you know how stupid that was? What if Bellamy wasn't aiming for that tree? He could have killed you!"

Vince placed his hand over Skylar's mouth and looked at the girl. "I believe Sky meant to say is...why aren't you back at camp?" Skylar glared at Vince before licking his hand. Vince's face scrunched up in disgust as he lets go. "Eww."

"Well, what with that guy who was dying, I just - I couldn't listen anymore," Charlotte said.

"There's Grounders out here," Atom said. "It's too dangerous for a little girl."

"I'm not little." Skylar rolled her eyes. To her, the girl isn't little unless she hits thirteen.Hence the word teen. Charlotte still looks like she could be twelve

Bellamy slowly nodded. "Ok, then...But you can't hunt without a weapon." Skylar placed her hands on her hips with a brow raised as Bellamy pulled out a knife. What the hell is he doing?, she thought. Bellamy knew she was giving him a look, but ignored it. "Ever killed something before?" Charlotte slowly shook her head. "Who knows? Maybe you're good at it."

Charlotte nodded before following Atom and Vince. Skylar grabbed Bellamy by the collar of his jacket and pulled him down. A pissed off look plastered on her pretty face.

"You let her tag along, she's your responsibility. Anything that happens to her is on you," she sneered. She's not my only responsibility, Bellamy thought. "Got it?"

Bellamy nodded. "Ok." Still so cute when she's mad. Skylar released him before following Vince. "What? No, kiss?"

In response, Skylar held up her middle finger.

》》》》

Well, they lost the boar. But there little hunt became a game of survival. While they were looking for the boar, there was this loud horn blowing. The group looked up as this yellow fog started making their way towards them. It wasn't good. They started running. Trying to find shelter.

"Come on! There are caves this way," Bellamy panted.

The horn started to blow again. Bellamy looked back to see Skylar falling behind. He reached out and grabbed her hand. Skylar didn't object this time and followed him, unknowing to her that Vince went the other way. Charlotte, Bellamy, and Skylar. The ran up the small hill, the fog coming closer. Skylar's lungs started burning. From the fog or the run, she didn't know. She just knew she had to escape. Bellamy found a cave and motioned for the girls to go first. Charlotte went in. Skylar soon after. Skylar leaned forward and started taking deep breathes.