Eighteen

Skylar and Vince couldn't sleep. They were worried that the flares wouldn't have worked. It would have been better if they had used the radio, but that was completely ruined by one Bellamy Blake. Vince was worried about his dad. He could have been one of the few hundred people who were about to die on the Ark, so that's why he couldn't sleep. Skylar didn't want Vince to stay up and be worried, so she stayed up with him. They found a small rock and decided to toss it back and forth. The rock wasn't big enough to do any damage, so if they got hit on the head...oh, well.

Vince caught the rock. "Ok, would you rather..." he pondered at the question. Back and forth they threw the rock as they asked each other a 'would you rather', "Have sex with Finn or Nate?"

Skylar winced as she caught the rock. "Ohh, that' a bit tough." She thought about it. "Actually, I'd pick Nate. Even though he prefers his cucumbers, he's less drama than Finn." Yeah, Skylar knew about the whole Finn-Clarke-Raven fiasco. She tossed the rock to Vince. "Ok, your turn. Octavia or Clarke?"

"Octavia without a doubt," he answered immediately. "She's insanely hot." He smirked. "Not to mention it will piss off Bellamy even more."

Skylar rolled her eyes. "Don't mention that name."

"Who? Octavia?" Vince teased. "I don't know. Isn't she the other best friend. The one you're cheating on me with?"

That got Skylar to laugh. "No, I was talking about Bell -"

Skylar was cut off. The devil himself ran over to them. He ignored Vince and looked at Skylar.

"Sky, have you seen Octavia anywhere?" he asked frantically.

Skylar gave him a confused look. "No, I'd thought she'd be with you."

"Or hiding," Vince muttered under his breath.

Bellamy shook his head, ignoring Vince's comment. "Sky, I've checked all over the camp. She's not here."

A small panic ran though Skylar. Yeah, she feels bad for not talking to Octavia since they arrived. But she still wants Octavia safe. And if she's not in the camp, then who knows where she is.

"Ok, I'll help you find her," she said as she got up. She looked at Vince. "We could use all the help."

Vince sighed as he stood up. Ugh, the thought of helping Bellamy disgusted him. Except Octavia can't help who she's related to.

"All right," he said. "But it's Octavia. She might be chasing butterflies somewhere."

Skylar grabbed Vince's arm as they walked with Bellamy. "We'll check around the tents. You can check the dropship," she said.

Bellamy gave her a sincere look. "Thank you." She could be pissed at him all she wants, but this is Octavia. Octavia loved Skylar the moment Bellamy introduced the two. Skylar was already welcoming Octavia with open arms.

"I'm not doing this for you," Skylar snapped. "I'm doing it for Vee."

》》》》

Vince, Skylar, and Bellamy looked all over the camp and couldn't find Octavia anywhere. Skylar and Bellamy went into panic mode. Bellamy actually woke up the whole camp so they could help find the Blake girl. Apparently, Octavia hasn't been at the camp for over 12 hours. 12 hours alone. Fear rushed through Skylar, along with more guilt. All these possible scenarios ran through her head about her missing friend. What if she's hurt? What if the Grounders got her? What if she's dead and they're about to send her body as a present?

Vince looked at Skylar as he grabbed one of the torches. "Hey," he called out to her. She looked at him as she twirled one of the knives in her hand. "We'll find her, ok?"

Skylar nodded at him as she strapped one of the knives in her sleeve. "If Grounders got her, they better pray she's not harmed. Otherwise, asses will be kicked."

Vince nodded. Skylar twirled the other knife before handing it to him. Vince grabbed the knife and tucked it in his pants pocket. They were about to leave, but voices started to erupt around the camp. People looking up as thousands of lights began dancing across the night sky. But it wasn't lights or stars.

"They didn't work," Raven stated sadly as she met up with the search party. "They didn't see the flares."

"A meteor shower tells you that?" Bellamy asked.

"It's not a meteor shower, you idiot," Vince snapped. His eyes widen. "It's a funeral."

Clarke's mouth flew open. "Hundreds of bodies being returned to the Earth from the Ark. This is what it looks like from the other side." Clarke slowly shook her head. "They didn't get our message."

Raven glared at the one person responsible. She marched towards Bellamy. "This is all because of you!"

 Skylar went over and pushed Bellamy back before Raven could punch him. They already have one problem, they don't need another.

"I helped you find the radio," Bellamy defended himself over Skylar's shoulder.

Vince ran over and held Raven back. "Yeah, after you jacked it from my pod and trashed it!"

Skylar pushed Bellamy back when she felt his chest near her back. "Yeah, he knows. Now he has to live with it. But Octavia is still out there and we need to find her."

Vince gave Skylar a look. For someone who says she's going to stay away from Bellamy, she sure loves being close to him.

Bellamy looked at Raven

Bellamy looked at Raven. "You coming or what?" He asked. Glad to know that someone else wants to find his sister. He looked around the camp. "What are we waiting for? Move out!"

Skylar was the first to pull from the group. Bellamy soon followed after her. Vince gave Raven and Clarke an apologetic look before following his best friend.