Nineteen

Vince stood by Skylar the whole walk through the forest. He still doesn't want her near Bellamy, but with Octavia's life on the line...he knew nothing good would come out of those two working together. Vince is still pissed at Bellamy. He almost got Skylar killed. He almost got himself killed. Then he wants to act like he runs this place. And on top of that, he got 300 people killed on the Ark. One of them could have been his dad.

The best friends were holding their lamps up as they looked with the group for any clue about Octavia. Skylar grew worried each passing second they didn't find her. She might hate Bellamy, but she doesn't hate Octavia. So when her life is in danger, you bet your ass that she'll bring hell to the world to find her.

"Look! Over here!" One of the delinquents said.

Bellamy was the first one near the boy. "What is it?" he asked.

The boy held the light near the bag that was stuck between a few twigs below the small hill. "Right there. You see it? Is that Octavia's?"

Bellamy held his hand out. "Rope."

Skylar caught up with them. Vince followed her and noticed Bellamy throwing one end of the rope over the hill "What are you doing?" he asked.

Bellamy looked over the edge. "We need the rope to get back up." Skylar rolled her eyes before grabbing the rope from Bellamy's hand. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going over there."

"No."

Skylar glared at him. "Octavia is out there. She's probably alone and scared. I want to find her as much as you do, so you either let me check that bag or I'll throw you down this hill." Bellamy knew there was no use. Another thing he loved about Sky is how protective she gets about Octavia. So he let her have this one. "Thanks."

"Just be careful."

She gave him a look. "Don't tell me what to do." Ok, that comment made Vince grin. Skylar tugged on the rope before running towards the pack. The grabbed it and noticed the 'O' written on the pack. "It's hers." She held the rope again. "I'm going all the way down."

"No, Sky. Get your ass back up here!" Bellamy commanded. Skylar glared up at him before continuing down the hill into a small cave. "Damn it, Sky."

Vince smirked at Bellamy as he grabbed another rope. "That's Skylar for you."

He gave Bellamy a mock salute before following her. Jasper looked over and felt his chest quicken. Skylar and Vince are trying to save Octavia. Octavia helped made Jasper comfortable when he had that spear in his chest. He wants to protect the girl he cares about. He followed them and jumped into the hole. Vince and Skylar were crouched around each other. As he got closer he turned his flashlight on and hovered it over them. His eyes widen when he saw blood on Vince's fingertips. Skylar was frozen when she saw it. Her mind racing to a thousand senarios.

Bellamy cursed under his breath before he and Finn followed the trio. They went over towards them and Bellamy's eyes widen when he saw the blood. He was fuming. Someone had his sister and could be hurting her. He noticed a large set of footprints in the bed that led further into the cave.

"Someone else was here," he said.

Finn nodded and motioned towards the cave. "The prints are deeper going that way."

"He was carrying her," Vince said. He looked at Skylar. "If they took her, she's still alive."

"Like when they took me," Jasper breath.

Skylar's breath was coming out more riggid. She glared towards the cave and got up. "Well, whoever they are, they won't be alive for long."

Before she could walk Vince pulled her back. "Just wait, Sky." He pulled her away from the group. Bellamy looked at the pair. "I know how much Octavia means to you, but I want you to think before you go in there with a death wish."

Skylar gave him a look

Skylar gave him a look. "They've got Octavia -"

He nodded. "I know. I know how much you care about her. But I need you to think this through. What if you go in there and there were ten waiting? All with poisonous spears pointing at you. What would happen if you ran in there and one stabbed you." Bellamy kept a close eye on the two. Vince sighed. "We've already lost so many people. I don't want to add you to the list, ok?"

Skylar's gaze softened. "You're not going to lose me, ok?" She smiled up at him. "Not as long as I have my best friend with me."

Bellamy's chest ache. Not that he wanted to admit the jealously he had towards Vince because Skylar always needed him. He was able to calm her down and be there for her like he is right now. Even before they dated, Bellamy thought that Skylar and Vince were a thing. Or that they liked each other and didn't want to admit it. Huge relief washed over him when he found out that they didn't.

He shook his head out of his thoughts and held the torch up. "You two coming or what?" he asked. Skylar nodded at him and made her way over. He gave her a pointed look. "You stay behind me, ok?"

Vince pulled her behind him. "She stays with me."

Bellamy didn't argued. He turned and went inside the cave. Finn watched the whole exchanged with furrowed brows before he followed them. And he thought his love life was complicated.