Twenty-Two

And Skylar did listen to Octavia's story. She heard about the Grounder who kidnapped her, imprisoned her, and saved her. The Grounder saved Octavia's life when they went to look for her. Skylar wasn't really talking. She was nodding her head but she was thinking about something else. Actually more like someone else.

Bellamy.

Oh, how much she put so much hate into someone who was only trying to look out for his sister. After all these years she blamed him for her mother's death. Then she finds out that he only did it because her own mother was going to rat out Octavia. Then Bellamy, Octavia, and their mom could have been Floated. Part of her feels bad for being a complete bitch to him. Then there's that part that hates him more. She wondered why he hadn't come to her about it. Maybe she could have convinced her mother to not snitch on them. And she's also mad about the fact that he decided to do it on the day she was getting Vince the medicine. Then she remembers the news about Abby giving Vince the medicine. Sky didn't know how she got it but now it only leads to one person. 

So Bellamy rather have Sky hate him than have her killed? That small part of Skylar's heart warmed up because Bellamy was trying to be a good boyfriend and friend. Then her mind started calling him selfish for doing that. If she got caught stealing from another person and she got Floated then she would have died trying to save her friend. And who knows maybe she wouldn't have got caught. Her mind was confused about everything.

Vince noticed the distraught look on his friend's face. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, Sky," he called out. She slowly looked up at him. "You ok?"

She nodded. "Yeah. I'm just...worried about Finn."

Vince knew her better. He pulled her closer with one arm and wrapped it around her. "Hey," he cooed. Skylar wrapped her arms around Vince's middle. "I'm sorry you had to find out about your mom like this."

"I don't know what sucks, the fact that I never knew my mom was actually going to turn Octavia in..."

"Or?"

"Or the fact that I feel like such a bitch for treating Bellamy like that."

"I'd go with the mom thing. Bellamy might have thought he had your best interest at heart but it wasn't his decision to make."

"Yeah but his decision saved your life."

"And almost ended yours. Not to mention all the times he screwed us over since we came here. Whatever the hell we want." Vince scoffed. "More like whatever the hell he wants with whoever he wants. So you shouldn't feel bad."

Skylar pulled away. "Do you?"

Vince raised his brow. "Do I what?"

"Do you feel bad?"

"About all the fights Bellabitch and I had. No. I'd be happy to give him a black eye." He smiled at her. "Or even a busted jaw for running his mouth. Or I could have him keep thinking that there's a thing going on between us."

Skylar scrunched up her nose. "He still thinks that?"

Vince chuckled. "Even after all these years. He still thinks I like you and I'm trying to worm my way into your pants."

"