Twenty-Six

Skylar gave Octavia seven minutes. It wasn't because she wanted her friend to spend more time with the unknown Grounder, it was because a few minutes after eating the nuts...Skylar started to feel weird. Her vision was all fuzzy, she felt like she was floating on air. she looked around and noticed that she wasn't back on Earth, but back on the Ark. There was a woman smiling in front of her.

"Mom?" Skylar called out happily as she saw her mom cooking dinner for the two. She got up and ran towards her before pulling her into a bone-crushing hug.

"Whoa, hey," Lauren chuckled as she wrapped her arm around Skylar. "You haven't hugged me like this since you were three. What's the occasion?" Skylar's mouth flew open a few times. She must be dreaming. She must be. She can't think of any other reason why she's seeing her mom. Lauren gasped before pinching Skylar's cheeks. "Oh, I get it. You're trying to butter me up before Bellamy comes."

Skylar furrowed her brows. "What?"

 Lauren went back to her cooking. "I told you, Sky. I have no problem with you and Bellamy dating. He makes you happy and -"

"Mom."

"- as long as you guys are safe then -"

"Mom!" Skylar shouted, her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "This has nothing to do with Bellamy. I just...I just wanted to hug you. That's all."

"Well, you know I appreciate a good hug every now and then." Lauren kissed her daughter on her head. "But maybe not so hard next time. You acted like I'm dying."

"Right," Skylar said with a little laugh. She got up and hugged her mother again. "I just want you to remember I love you."

"I love you, too, sweetie," Lauren said. She pulled away with a smile on her face and moved a few strands away from Skylar's face. "Now, go clean up. I might be a mom but I know when you're lying. I'll set another plate for Bellamy." She grabbed the small container of nuts from the cabinet and handed them to her. "Dinner won't be ready, so eat something light."

Skylar slowly nodded before plopping another nut into her mouth. Her taste buds exploded before she grabbed another one. Her conversation with her mother were long gone. In her head, it was just another day at the Ark.

》》》》

Octavia looked around the camp worryingly. The 100 were acting all weird and high. Jasper thought there was a Grounder and he was scared for his life. She thought this was an opening for her Grounder friend to escape but she needed help. She dodged the high kids and tried to look for Skylar. She found the blonde moments later, sitting on a rock, her eyes a bit dazed.

"Sky," Octavia called out to the girl. She ran over and shook her shoulder. "Skylar?" Skylar started to laugh as she plopped another nut into her mouth. Octavia's eyes widened as Skylar munched on them. "Not you, too."

"I love today," Skylar chuckled. "Today's been great."

Octavia groaned before knocking the nuts out of Skylar's hands. "Skylar."

"Hey, Octavia," Skylar greeted. Her eyes widened as she stood up. "Vee! You shouldn't be out here." She looked around frantically, which confused Octavia. "You need to hide before they find you."

"Before who finds me?" Octavia asked.

"The Guard," Skylar whispered. She looked around. "I can't lose you, Vee."

"I can't lose you either," Octavia whispered. She looked around and found Vince laying on the ground. His eyes fixating on the sky with a huge grin on his face. She grabbed Skylar's hand and dragged her towards him. She gently set her down on the ground. "I'll go back. Just...Just wait till the morning. Then I'll come out, ok?" She looked at Vince. She eyed his build and noticed that he might be the same size as the Grounder. "Hey, Vince. Can I borrow your jacket?"