Twenty-Four

Skylar wanted nothing more than to free the Grounder. She can't believe Vince would go along with something like this. Torturing someone for defending themselves. Yes, he stabbed Finn but they invaded his home to find Octavia. Octavia told Skylar that she was never in any danger. And if this Grounder saved her life then they should at least let him go. She hated watching Vince help Bellamy torture the Grounder. They each took turns whacking him with the parachute strap or punching him.

The Grounder groaned as Bellamy whipped him again. Once across the chest and the other down his abdomen. Octavia tried everything she can to stop it but no one was listening.

"Enough!" she yelled.

"Clarke! He's getting worse!" Raven yelled downstairs.

"We're running out of time," Clarke said as she knelt in front of the Grounder. She was giving him a pleading look. Skylar noticed the black eye the Grounder was starting to sport. She's going to kill Bellamy, Vince, and Dora the Explorer once they finished. "Which one? Which one is it? If you tell us, they'll stop. Please, tell us which is the antidote and they'll stop this."

"Yeah, but once they stop he's going to bring hell!" Skylar shouted. "You guys are torturing him like he's some kind of animal!" Skylar's eyes held a pleading look to the Grounder. The Grounder was watching her, too. He knew that she wasn't like the others. "Please, just tell them which one is the antidote. I know we don't deserve your help after what we did but please tell them which one it is. Our friend is dying. You don't have to too because of them."

The Grounder was looking at her through his swollen eye. Bellamy pursed his lips as he didn't say anything. Vince was getting angry, too. They're wasting their time beating this guy when there's a faster way to make him talk.

"I had enough of this," he said as he grabbed the parachute strap and threw it on the ground. He went to the torture table and grabbed one of the tent nails. "Skylar, step back. I don't want you here for this."

"To hell with that," Skylar sneered. "I'm here to make sure you idiots don't kill him. So if you think that you're going to -" Vince nodded at Bellamy. Bellamy went over and held Skylar back and she started to struggle. "Bellamy!"

"Bellamy, let her go!" Octavia yelled.

Skylar glared at her friend. "Vince, don't you dare." Vince glared at the Grounder before grabbing his wrist. "Vince, you son of a bitch -"

Skylar screamed when Vince shoved the huge nail through the Grounder's hand. The Grounder just groaned but with him being chained up he couldn't grab his hand. All he could do is let out grunts and groans as Vince twisted the weapon.

"What's taking so long?" Raven asked as she climbed up the ladder. "He stopped breathing."

Clarke's face paled. "What?"

"He started again, but next time he might not."

"He won't tell us anything."

Raven looked around the room. Two of the wires of the monitors were coming out. They needed the antidote fast and if torturing him this bad wasn't going to make him talk, then maybe something worse will.

Raven marched over to the monitors. "Wanna bet?" She yanked the wires off the wall to create her own defibrillator. If he doesn't like to be stabbed, then maybe electroshock therapy might help.

"What are you doing?" Bellamy asked.

"Showing him something new," Raven responded as she tapped both ends together.

The Grounder started backing away. Raven took another threatening step before she pressed the wires against his chest. Skylar's mouth flew open as the Grounder's screams were muffled. She held on to Bellamy, her eyes not believing anyone in the group is capable of doing such things. Ok, maybe the stupid delinquents but not Raven and Vince.