Twenty-Three

Skylar couldn't believe that Bellamy wanted to torture the Grounder that saved Octavia's life. He could have killed her when he had the chance but he didn't. And this is how he's getting his thanks? By beating the crap out of him and tying him up?

"Whoa! He's awake," one of the delinquents said as the Grounder started to tug on his chains and fight back.

"Tie him tighter," Bellamy said. "The last thing we need is this bastard getting free because you screwed up."

Skylar and Octavia came up and saw what they were doing to the Grounder. "Guys, this is insane!" Skylar shouted. The Grounder almost looked terrified. If he really was a killer then he would have stabbed everyone here and gotten out. Octavia walked past her and made her way towards the man.

"Octavia, Skylar, get out of here," Miller told them.

Octavia ignored him and looked at Bellamy. "I told you he was protecting me. You didn't have to do this."

"This isn't about you," Bellamy said. "I'm doing this for all of us."

"You did that for all of us?" Octavia motioned to the bloodied Grounder.

"I did that for Finn and Jasper and Diggs and John and Roma."

"But you don't even know if he did all of those things to them," Skylar defended the Grounder. "And last time I've checked, the only reason he attacked Finn is because we went after him. We invaded his home and knocked him out to get to Octavia."

Bellamy glared at her. "And last time I've checked, you wanted to kill him."

"That was before I knew he was protecting her. Unlike you, Bellamy, I actually listen to what your sister has to say. We could have let the Grounder go but no, you decided to act like Mr. Macho and make all the decisions again. He isn't dangerous."

"You don't know that. What if we let him go and he tells the others where we are. I'm not going to risk that. We need to know what we're up against. How many there are and why they're killing us." He glared at the Grounder, who was looking at the conversation that was happening between the three. "And he's gonna tell us right now."

Bellamy was about to punch the Grounder but Octavia grabbed his wrist. "No, Bellamy, please."

"Miller, get them out of here."

Miller was about to grab the girls but Skylar gave him a death glare. "You touch us, Miller, and I will castrate you!"

Miller grabbed Skylar while he motioned for one of the other delinquents to get Octavia. "I'm sorry, Sky," he said.

"Hey, get - get off of me!" Octavia yelled.

Skylar groaned as Miller wrapped his arms around Skylar's waist and started pulling her back. "Let go, you son of a bitch!" Skylar yelled as she stepped on Miller's foot before she elbowed him in the nose. Miller groaned as he lets go of her. Then she felt another pair of arms around her waist before Bellamy lifted her up. "Bellamy, let go!"

"I told you, you can't be here," he said as he tightened his hold on her.

"Bellamy!" Octavia yelled at her idiot brother.

"Hey, Shitheads 1 and 2!" Vince yelled as he climbed up the ladder. He heard the commotion downstairs as he tries to help Raven and Clarke patch Finn up. "They told you to let go."

The man holding Octavia chuckled. "Is this little -"

Vince marched right over to him and sucker punched him in the eye. He pulled Octavia close to him and glared at Bellamy. "If this is another play for you to get Skylar back, it really sucks." Bellamy's arms slackened around Skylar. She pushed herself off him and went over to Vince. "Just like all of your plans."