Alex

Once on the dilapidated asylum's spacious porch, the three stranded companions watched as the torrential downpour swiftly snuffed out the once blazing bonfire in a matter of seconds.

Noticing the sullen look of disappointment on Shelly's and Eva's facial expressions as the flames vanished from sight, leaving them in total darkness, Alex's humorous side kicked into action as he declared, in his best super hero impersonation, in attempt to lighten the gloom of the situation, "Have no fear, ladies! It's Super Alex to the rescue!"

Alex chivalrously placed his fists on his hips in a Superman style pose and grinned in the direction of the two women. Although it was dark, he could feel the looks being given to him. Their icy stares and judgmental silence were all he needed to know that they were not at all impressed by his display of inner geek. In a sheepish and awkward manner, Alex laughed nervously, trying to deflect the familiar embarrassment creeping up the back of his neck.

"Heh. Yeah, uhhh ... I have a ... ummm ... Coleman gas stove, with a few small propane tanks. OH! And I also have a Coleman lamp. There's a couple packs of batteries in my stuff here, too. Well ... somewhere here, that is," he mumbled, struggling to pilfer through his bags in the stormy gloom. "We could use those to stay warm and have light, if y'all want."

"Well, unless you know how to channel your inner chi, Super Alex, and produce fire from the palm your hand, then I'd say that's a pretty damn good idea, considering the current situation we're in, wouldn't you agree, Eva?" Shelly replied, with a touch of sarcasm, trying to disguise her slight interest in Alex.

Eva joined in, more out of annoyance at the sorry state of affairs she found herself in than at Super Alex himself, "Yeahhhh, sounds reeeaaallll nice right about now, Shelly."

Alex could feel the two women's gazes boring into him, laden with expectation, which was slightly more than unnerving.

"Oh, yeah, let me just ... uhhhh ... find my stuff ... dammit ... in one of these bags. I know I packed it all ..." Alex grumbled anxiously, while digging frantically for the stove and lantern.

He knew that keeping two cold, rain-soaked, and agitated women waiting would be disastrous for him. Silently, Alex fretted, Great. I can't find my stuff, and I'm stuck out here in bum fucked Egypt with a jilted lover and another gal who obviously has no problem with making a pincushion out of someone! I would really prefer to not have my testicles removed through my anus because I kept them waiting!