Eva

Eva shrugged at Quincy's sudden question. "Yeah, I like the beach." She chuckled quietly. "You know, that's funny. It's almost like you read my mind. I was just thinking about how I would most definitely rather be on the beach right now."

Eva bumped into Quincy's back as he suddenly stilled. She looked up at him. He turned his head toward her, glaring sideways at her. He looked unhappy about her answer, which puzzled Eva.

"What?"

Quincy just shook his head, then continued moving forward slowly, weapon at the ready. "Yeah," he murmured, "the beach is alright."

"Have you ever been to the beach?"

A snort, then, "Yeah."

"What beach?"

Quincy stopped again. This time he turned to fully face her. "Look, I'm not a ghost hunter or anything, but don't you think you should be quiet if you're looking for spooks?"

Eva frowned. Oh, yeah, the ghosts ... She readied the camera, confirming that night vision was on. 

"Sorry," she mumbled.

Quincy turned back around and paced forward. Eva hit record on the camera. She flipped the preview screen open and around to face her. She switched between watching the tiny screen and looking in front of herself. It was odd to see the dust motes and stray bugs that the camera picked up which were invisible to the naked eye. She wondered if she'd catch anything else that was invisible to the naked eye. She began asking questions, trying to draw out any spirits that might be nearby. She paused in between each question to allow for answers that the camera's speaker could possibly catch. She felt silly doing it around Quincy, but she really was curious about the asylum. Surely she'd capture some kind of paranormal evidence in a creepy place like this.

When they came to the first closed door in the hallway, Quincy paused and held a finger to his lips, shushing Eva. She nodded silently. He reached out and slowly turned the knob, then nudged the door open. It opened with an annoying creak, causing Quincy and Eva to cringe. Eva used her flashlight to illuminate the dim interior. Quincy moved inside first, Eva following close behind.

Quincy looked about the room, making sure that whomever (whatever) had darted down the hall wasn't occupying it. Satisfied they were alone, he holstered his weapon, then started rummaging through the large metal desk sitting in the center of the room. Eva followed suit, turning her attention to the filing cabinets lining the walls.

They found nothing but mold and dust bunnies. In silent agreement, they moved out of the room and onto the next. They had apparently discovered the staff headquarters. Unfortunately for Quincy, that was all they found. Nothing of importance was left in any of the offices anymore. Outside the last door, they stared at each other.

"Now where to?" Eva asked.

Just as Quincy was about to reply, a loud bang echoed at the opposite end of the hallway. They jolted at the sound as it ricocheted off the crumbling walls.  They both looked toward the sound, then back at each other. Just as Eva was about to ask what that was, two more loud bangs rang out.

Quincy immediately took off to investigate the noise, pulling his gun back out. Eva hesitated herself. She enjoyed ghost hunting, but faced with the real possibility of interacting with an entity, or entities, she was a tad fearful. Releasing a breath, she ran to catch up to Quincy before he disappeared around the corner.