Shelly

As Alex helped Shelly to her feet, she still felt bewildered about his demeanor while helping her, not to mention shocked and more than a little scared about what she had just seen on Mark's camera. Alex's knowledge and skills with first aid were a surprise to her, even with his explanation of taking medical courses in college. While he was working on her injured nose, not only had his demeanor changed, even his voice had seemed different, like it wasn't even him!

And that thing on the camera ... That ... That ... GHOST! Oh, my God. A ghost ... It had even looked like it came from her. Or maybe through. Just as bad as far as she was concerned. Shivering, Shelly thought, Oh great! That is all we need! A fucking ghost, following us, and maybe even plotting to kill us! Or me ... I mean, what if this "ghost" is the reason I fell and broke my damn nose!?

She was still trembling when Alex hugged her close, and when he asked her to defer to him, to let him take the lead, she was too traumatized to put up a fight. If she were completely honest with herself, it felt good to be coddled. It felt good to let someone else be in charge, be responsible, be brave. 

After he released her, she watched silently as he requested the camera from Mark.  Her shoulders tensed as she watched Alex's eyes widen in shock and fear. When he forced the camera back into Mark's hands, yelling about a "fuckin' ghost," Shelly jumped. So much for being brave, she thought ruefully.  

Suddenly without warning, Shelly burst into tears. This entire day had been too much for her! She just could not take much more ...