Eva

At Shelly's gasp, Eva stopped eyeballing the stranger still standing in the doorway. He had an interesting face ... But his attitude thus far was crap. Too bad. It was a waste of beauty. With a careless shrug, she meandered over toward Shelly, who was looking decidedly shell shocked.

She stood next to Shelly and looked at the framed photograph in question. She studied all the faces intently, then shook her head, wispy red tendrils moved with the motion.

"Um ... I dunno ... No one I know," she concluded. She swung her gaze toward Shelly. "Should I recognize someone? Do you? Maybe a nurse or something? Did you have any family that might have worked here?"

She waited for Shelly to answer, but the other woman just kept looking back and forth between Eva and the picture, a puzzled expression on her pretty face.

"If I had my stuff ... I had a whole bunch of research on this place in my laptop bag. I think I even had information on all the nurses that graduated, as well as staff manifests." She crossed her arms and continued huffily, "That scaredy-cat man still has my stuff in his car, though. I really need to get back into town. It's killing me to be here and not there giving him a piece of my mind."

She looked back at Quincy, who had holstered his gun but had not moved from the doorway.

"Hey, um, maybe we could try your car ..." His glowering gaze made her voice trail off. "Fine. Forget it."

She looked back at Shelly. "So, was anyone in your family a nurse? Did they work here?"