Shelly

Before Mark had rejoined the group, Shelly had been observing everyone, gauging their reactions to her words of warning. Quincy and Eva had remained off to the side, talking quietly. Alex, as he whispered to her about exploring the building, hadn't seemed perturbed at all in regard to her suspicions. She hadn't answered him, and instead had sighed and shook her head.  Again, no one had seemed to pay attention to the picture and what it had shown her, or her own personal feelings about the asylum! I have a really bad feeling about this place, she had thought as she debated if she really wanted to be with Alex when the shit hit the fan, because she was almost positive it would! She hadn't been sure he could handle danger. 

When Mark had finally returned, she was relieved to see that he seemed prepared to do some serious investigating. She thought that maybe going with two guys wouldn't be too bad. Surely the three of them could keep each other safe.

After procuring a flashlight and digital recorder from Mark, she moved around the room slightly to gain better access to look out into the dark hallway. She did not see anything, of course, but she felt something. She had no idea about the history of this place, but common sense told her that any building where people had died would be likely to have some kind of paranormal activity, and if that logic was solid, this place most likely had lots of potential for supernatural happenings!

She turned to look at Alex, studying his face. He really was a cutie, she thought with a smile. He came prepared, not even knowing that things would go wrong, and he would need all of the stuff he brought. That spoke of organization, which she loved. She thought that while he could be a tad ... excitable, he probably wasn't too bad of a choice to explore with. Next, she checked out Mark. He had experience with the paranormal, and had equipment, which would undoubtedly come in handy. She definitely felt good about having him along. Finally, she looked at Eva and Quincy. Eva had experience as well, and she wouldn't have minded having her along, but it seemed as if she were quite smitten with Quincy, and that one had zero patience with the lot of them! Shelly wasn't interested in spending another minute with that man. He was bossy and cold. Shelly felt it was best that he and Eva were teaming up on their own and going their separate way from the rest of the group. Besides, with Quincy going one way and Alex going another, the chances of Alex getting shot were smaller. Shelly stifled a giggle. She didn't want poor little Alex getting shot. She liked the guy. 

"Eva, while you and Quincy work on finding his documents, Mark, Alex, and I will explore the asylum. We want to move slower, and I believe Quincy is in a hurry. I hate to be rushed, and I'm curious to discover this place's story." 

Shelly shifted her attention from Eva to Alex, who had just offered water to the group. 

"I'll take some water, Alex. It's sweet of you to think of us like that." 

She shot a pointed look toward Quincy, who had not been very tactful in his refusal of Alex's offer. She almost felt sorry for Eva. She couldn't imagine teaming up with the guy. She was pretty pleased to be investigating the house with Alex and Mark. 

Turning to Mark with a smile, she asked, "Ready to go bust some boogies?"