Quincy

Quincy noticed Shelly's hesitance to explore the asylum. He thought maybe it was best she didn't tag along with him if she was as freaked out as she seemed. He didn't need someone jumping and squealing like a little girl every time they saw a 'ghost.' He just wanted to get his business done and get out of here as quickly as possible. He also wasn't keen on the idea of Alex joining the party either. If he wanted to snap pictures every 5 seconds, he'd slow Quincy down. Mark ... Well, he looked like a capable guy, but he also looked very interested in ghost hunting. Quincy wondered if he could convince Eva to put her ghost hunting desire on the back burner and play back up to his investigation instead. She said herself she didn't have any of her equipment, so ...

"Look, Eva, was it? You're cute. Real cute. If I wasn't on the clock, I'd ask you out for hot tea or a movie. But I don't have time for this. I don't believe in ghosts, I don't see dead people, and there is not one black person in that picture." He pointed at the picture in question for emphasis. "If you want to help me, help me, but that means you follow my lead and move your ass. My instructions go from my lips to your ears, with no room for questioning, comprende?"

He hoped that his brisk tone would put off the others. He also hoped it wasn't too brisk, and that it would not cause Eva to balk at the idea of going off alone with him. The more he thought about it, the more he was eager to team up with her and her alone. Maybe money and island retirement weren't the only rewards he could get out of this night.